Join Us

We are 217,588 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Herceptin & Perjeta Only-Side Effects (post-chemo)

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Aug 17, 2019 02:31PM

Vermontski wrote:

I was diagnosed with HER2+ BC in December, have gone through chemo, surgery and radiation and am now on HP every three weeks. I have had side effects (fatigue, GI problems, aching joints) and wanted to start a forum for others who might also be trying to manage this.

Hoping to connect

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Aug 17, 2019 03:20PM Newfromny wrote:

I was diagnosed in October, am on H & P only, and have the same SEs , but it is sooo much better than chemo ! I also have continued neuropathy that I feel gets worse with h & p but they say it’s left over from chemo

Dx 10/2/2018, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Chemotherapy 10/25/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 3/12/2019 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right

Aug 21, 2019 11:08AM Vermontski wrote:

I agree it is so much better than chemo!! I think, for me, I had psyched myself up to get through chemo, surgery and radiation and was hoping that I wouldn’t have many side effects at all with HP. It’s just a let down perhaps more than being bothered by the side effects so much-and of course the worry that the cancer will return. Does anything make your joint pain better? I got a massage and that did not help

Aug 22, 2019 10:29PM rajae wrote:

hi,

I had surgery on august 7. Now recovering . Not sure what my doctor will say. Hes on vacation now he might put me on herceptin and perjeta or herceptin alone. Hmmm i hope to have less SE thab i had with chemo... although chemo was t that bad. However mu questions is : when to star my hormonotherapy? Is it at the same time as im undergoing Hp and radiotherapy or after

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)