Join Us

We are 216,745 members in 84 forums discussing 160,184 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Looking for success stories after herceptin and tamoxifen

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Sep 29, 2019 03:16AM

Sejay5 wrote:

Hello, I was just wondering if there were any ladies out there who have had neoadjuvant chemo? I've finished the chemo but I'm still on herceptin, pertuzamab and tamoxifen. I'm pre menopausal and I was offered ovary suppression instead of tamox but I chose the latter. I've read conflicting reports that tamox might not be the best if her2 positive as well. I was just looking for success stories from ladies who were er+ and her2+ who had neoadjuvant chemo and then a year of herceptin and 5-10 years of tamoxifen, many thank

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Sep 29, 2019 05:11AM Moderators wrote:

Hello, Sejay! Although we're sorry you had to join us, we're so glad you've found our Community, welcome!

While you wait for other's responses here, there is another topic under this same forum that you may want to jump in and send your question too, Topic called: ER+, PR-, Her2+ Roll call.

We hope you find the support and information you need here. Looking forward to hearing moe from you soon.

Best wishes,

From the Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 29, 2019 06:14AM Gudrun wrote:

Sejay, have a look at the

TRIPLE POSITIVE GROUP.

Myself: dx at 55 in 2013, ILC, stage IIa, G2, ER+/PR-/HER2-, KI67 20%, BMX, Letrozole 5.5 years. Daughter: dx at 28, stopped antihormonals after 2 years to have a baby and restart tx afterwards: Dx 8/2015, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): TUG flap

Sep 29, 2019 09:09AM Sejay5 wrote:

Hi Gudrun, thank you, I will take a look

Oct 1, 2019 06:32PM rozem wrote:

hi

Her2 positive and was highly hormone positive. Have been on tamoxifen for 7 years. 8 years out

FEC-DH, LUMP, 25 RADS, TAMOX, BMSX with LD flap (worst surgery ever) Dx 8/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Oct 1, 2019 06:33PM rozem wrote:

and yes I did neo adjuvant treatment as well!

FEC-DH, LUMP, 25 RADS, TAMOX, BMSX with LD flap (worst surgery ever) Dx 8/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Oct 2, 2019 10:33AM Sejay5 wrote:

Thanks rozem, did you have pcr? I had pcr in the lymphnodes but not in the breast

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)