Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What I'll miss about Herceptin and Perjeta

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Feb 1, 2020 06:13PM

WC3 wrote:

Well I think the targeted therapy is finally wearing off, as my nose has stopped dripping at random and inconvenient times, and no doubt I won't miss that. But the upside, aside from the cancer fighting, life saving properties, was that it cleared my sinuses and cured me of a stuffy nose I have had for years and I could finally breath through my nose while reclining without the help of Vick's and a humidifier.

No more though.

And I don't suppose we will ever see it marketed as a decongestant.

Pathologic complete response (pCR) to chemotherapy. Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant