Join Us

We are 221,759 members in 83 forums discussing 162,136 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: HER2+ ER+

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: May 1, 2021 11:50AM

Vala50 wrote:

Hello All!

I was diagnosed with HER2+ ER+ end of March. My Dr. currently says it’s Stage 1a, and would know more when the Sentinel Node is removed. It’s about 1.6cm and is behind my areola, close to the skin (i can feel it) So I will be getting a lumpectomy first and then they will decide after my course of treatment. Dr said that if Sentinel node is not affected then I would get the shorter course of Chemo/ Herceptin (TH). I’m so scared that when I get surgery next Thursday, that my breast or nipple/areola area will look different, worst case senario... they will be gone. I’m terrified and still in shock, just need a place to express and see who else is going thru a similar situation or has the same kind of diagnosis. Hope all is well with you all! Thx for any help, encouragement or replies! ✌🏽

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

May 1, 2021 02:29PM YesIamaDragon wrote:

Please talk with someone in your surgeon's office! They cannot do any surgery you did not agree to prior to anesthesia, so you will not wake up without your breasts or nipple unless you previously agreed to that.

Right now you are overwhelmed right after diagnosis. EVERYONE here has been in that space, so we understand! Write things down, and if possible take someone with you to appointments to take the notes. Hang in there!

Dx 6/2019, IDC, Right, 2cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy Targeted Therapy Kadcyla (T-DM1, ado-trastuzumab) Surgery Chemotherapy Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 1, 2021 02:33PM illimae wrote:

Have a clear conversation with the surgeon about expectations before the surgery to minimize regret or other issues. I had a lumpectomy by the breast surgeon oncologist and a reduction and lift (so both breasts matched) by the plastic surgeon. I was pleased to have it all done in back to back procedures in the same OR. The lumpectomy was nipple sparing, so everything looks and functions normally, which is important both mentally and physically. Perhaps you could write or message your questions, so you and your doctor don’t miss anything as the conversation navigates.

Diagnosed at 41 Stage IV De Novo Dx 11/16/2016, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 1/1/2017 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 1/2/2017 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 1/2/2017 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 6/26/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 8/10/2017 Breast, Lymph nodes Dx 10/5/2017, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, 3/13 nodes, ER+, HER2+ (IHC) Radiation Therapy 10/19/2017 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 4/18/2018 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 5/23/2019 External: Brain Surgery 1/22/2020 Radiation Therapy 2/16/2020 External: Brain Radiation Therapy 7/20/2020 External: Bone Radiation Therapy 12/4/2020 External: Brain Targeted Therapy Tukysa (tucatinib) Chemotherapy Xeloda (capecitabine) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 2, 2021 07:53AM Vala50 wrote:

Thanks illimea! I will talk to the surgeon again! Hope all is well

May 2, 2021 07:54AM Vala50 wrote:

Thanks Yeslama! I shall talk to Dr again about my concerns! Hope all is well

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)