Join Us

We are 224,301 members in 83 forums discussing 163,483 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mom's breast cancer is her2 positive (per 2018 guidelines )

Forum: HER2+ (Positive) Breast Cancer —

Testing, treatment, side effects, and more.

Posted on: Jul 26, 2021 03:47AM

Jcextra123 wrote:

So we found out that mom's breast cancer is her2 positive per 2018 guidelines. She has an her/cp ratio of 1.5 (FISH) which would make it her2 negative and an her2 4.4 immunochemistry which is considered positive. But she has as a ki67 of only 7 percent. And no lymphovascular invasion. Could she still be her2 negative overall? When they go in and do the surgery tommorrow and see that it hasn't spread to any lymph nodes could she do just surgery and hormonal therapies and skip radiation and chemo. She is 67 years old. I've read there was a similar benefit to women 70 and older with no lymph node involvement. Where they could skip radiation and chemo and just do the hormo me targeted treatment and surgery whether lumpectomy or masectomy

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 26, 2021 07:07PM Redkitty815 wrote:

My mom was diagnosed with Her2+/ER+/PR- cancer in March. She had a 6 mm tumor, grade 3, node negative. We received 3 different recommended treatment plans because of her age (75), existing conditions (Parkinson’s) and the small size and early stage of the tumor. The options were Herceptin + Taxol (the gentler of the taxanes), Herceptin + taxotere, and no chemo, just radiation and hormone therapy. So it’s possible, but for anything larger than a 5 mm tumor, the guidelines recommend herceptin + a chemo. We ultimately decided to go with Herceptin + taxol with a low bar to stop the Taxol should my mom have any neuropathy which could further complicate her Parkinson’s.

Dx 11/26/2019, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Chemotherapy 12/19/2019 AC + T (Taxol) Targeted Therapy 7/12/2020 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 7/12/2020 Navelbine (vinorelbine) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)