Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Anyone enrolling in DESTINY Breast05 (HER2+, no PCR)?

sarah_78
sarah_78 Member Posts: 119

I will have surgery at the end of January, beginning of February. The primary lesion still feels hard to touch so I am expecting some cells lingering between scar tissue there, preparing for no PCR and if PCR comes, it will be a nice surprise for me (I'd be so grateful).

I was checking my options for no PCR and it seems now protocol in Germany (and in the States from what I read) is Kadcyla instead of Herceptin after surgery (for 12-14 more treatments?). Another option seems to be getting enrolled in DESTINY Breast05 and roll the dice for 50% to Enhertu arm. More about that trial here.

I am reading Enhertu has proven to be more effective with less side effects (although latter can be debated perhaps) and might replace Kadcyla in protocol for early breast cancer patients with no PCR, seems like a good thing to fill out a few forms and roll the dice. Nothing to lose after all since Kadcyla is anyway what I will be getting if I don't enroll in this study.

Anyone already enrolled or thinking to?

Comments

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31

Hi Sarah_78

I know this was a while ago but I've been offered a place on this trial and wondered if you or anyone else on this trial had been enrolled and what your experience was? Thanks

• sarah_78
    sarah_78 Member Posts: 119

Hi Inneedofhope,

I decided to go with Kadcyla and save Enhertu for a possible reoccurance, which I hoping not to have. I finished Kadcyle last year November (6 months ago). From what I read Enhertu is a great new drug, especially effective in certain cases, even if HER2 isn't too pronounced. There is a full thread of those who took or are taking Enhertu perhaps might help you.

I wish you the best outcome.

• inneedofhope
    inneedofhope Member Posts: 31

Hi Sarah_78,

Thank you for getting back to me. That has been one of my considerations when trying to make this decision. However I do have a large anount of residual disease and that also is playing into my decision making. Do you mind me asking if you had positive nodes after chemo?

How do you find Kadcyla?

Im finding making any decisions at the moment quite overwhelming