We are 211,214 members in 82 forums discussing 151,373 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Question regarding IBC

Forum: IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) —

Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IBC. Posting pictures of symptoms is prohibited per our Community Rules -- you are encouraged to seek medical advice from your doctor in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: Sep 10, 2018 02:05PM

Julation wrote:

Hello ladies, does IBC rash respond and gets better on topical cortisone or not (inflammation and thickening of the skin)?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Sep 12, 2018 12:00PM LoriCA wrote:

IBC typically wouldn't respond to any kind of topical cortisone cream. It's not unrealistic that you might see some temporary relief from the rash itself (itchiness), but the other IBC symptoms - breast swelling, skin thickening, peau d'orange, breast hot to the touch and heavy, swollen lymph nodes, discoloration, etc. only get rapidly and progressively worse. It's not something that comes and goes.The symptoms are caused by cancer cells blocking the lymph vessels, and cortisone does nothing to help that.

IBC Stage IV de novo - presented in right breast, within days spread into left breast, skin, chest wall, metastasized into brachial plexus (lost complete use of right arm for several months), liver and throughout skeleton. Dx 9/8/2017, IBC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 9/25/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 2/5/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 2/5/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Sep 12, 2018 01:54PM Julation wrote:

Thank you for your answer! I just have been diagnosed by dermatologist with contact dermatitis from using self tanning without washing it after 10 minutes. Some rashes have appeared under my arm and chest. At first it was only the right breast involve, thats why I was so concerned. You ladies are amazing on this forum, keep the great work!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)