Join Us

We are 220,346 members in 84 forums discussing 161,892 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: My mom thought she had shingles and it was really IBC

Forum: IBC (Inflammatory Breast Cancer) —

Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IBC. Posting pictures of symptoms is prohibited per our Community Rules -- you are encouraged to seek medical advice from your doctor in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: Aug 5, 2020 12:15PM - edited Aug 6, 2020 07:53AM by bengallover77

bengallover77 wrote:

This Post was deleted by bengallover77.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 5, 2020 07:28PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

bengallover,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother’s diagnosis. You sound like a wonderful daughter and your mom is very lucky to have you in her corner. That being said, I know very little about IBC but hope that you’ll get more replies as my post will “bump” your comment up on the active topics list. In the meantime, you can search through the IBC forum and read threads that might be pertinent to your moms situation. Wishing all of you the best.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Aug 5, 2020 11:02PM Missmom79 wrote:

I’m sorry to hear your mom has IBC. Hopefully since it has been six months since her finding it, it has not spread. I can’t think of anything you should be doing right now other than seeing what the Petscan details and what her line of treatment will be and if she can withstand treatment given her age. My grandmother was diagnosed with IBC in her 60’s and hers had spread to her bone by the time she went to the dr. She didn’t die of cancer but a massive heart attack I think due to the treatment. The treatment is ruff on our bodies. One step and one day at a time is my advice to you and your mom. That’s how I got through it. Prayers

Dx 8/15/2019, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)