Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

IBC question

barefootmimi
barefootmimi Member Posts: 5

I had a lumpectomy one year ago for IDC. No chemo but radiation after surgery. I just developed a ver hard, reddened, swollen breast on the same side. Saw my surgeon and am on antibiotics, with mammo and ultrasound scheduled. When I see pics of inflammatory breast cancer, it looks like my breast. Trying not to freak, but a bit nervous.

Comments

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,399
    edited February 2022

Hi Mimi. Sorry to hear that you are worried about IBC, and glad to know that you are having it checked ASAP. I'm not sure what your question is? People have varied symptoms... swollen breast, rash, peau-de-orange thickened skin, inverted nipple, heat in the breast, redness, etc. Most people have some of the symptoms but not necessarily all. I just had a pink "bruise" on my breast about the size of a quarter and my breast never looked much different from the healthy one. I had two skin-punch biopsies that were both negative for carcinoma, but I still had IBC.

IBC is rare, so it's more likely that you have an infection or something, so try not to worry. If it does turn out to be IBC, remember that treatment has come a long way and survival stats are much better than they used to be. Let us know how it goes, and try not to google.

• barefootmimi
    barefootmimi Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022

I’m probably just over thinking this. I do have the peau d’orange skin and about all of the other symptoms. This waiting game is what makes me crazy. Thanks for your response.