Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Me and Elizabeth Edwards

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 9, 2007 09:46AM

nagem wrote:

As a Time magazine staffer, I attended the Time 100 gala last night at the Time Warner Center in New York. I introduced myself to honoree Elizabeth Edwards and told her how happy I was to meet her and that I was rooting for her. To indicate that I was a sister survivor, I pointed to my breasts and said, "Fake, fake." She patted my heart and said, "Real," and gave me a hug.

nagem (underthestinkwoodtree.blogspot...) Dx 9/23/2005, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

May 9, 2007 09:58AM newvickie wrote:

oh what a sweet thing for her to say!
Thank you for sharing.

May 9, 2007 10:56AM LauraGTO wrote:

I read her book while on vacation last week and I have to say...she is quite an incredible woman! Her thoughtful gesture does not surprise me! She's always thinking of others.

Thanks for sharing that with us, what a great way to remember the evening!
With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 9, 2007 11:23AM nagem wrote:

Nimble-witted too, I thought, especially considering that she's probably whacked out on a chemistry kit of treatment infusions!

nagem (underthestinkwoodtree.blogspot...) Dx 9/23/2005, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/13 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)