Join Us

We are 217,553 members in 84 forums discussing 160,624 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: strapless mast. bra

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 9, 2007 05:55PM

caaclark wrote:

Has anyone found a strapless mastectomy bra? I ordered one through ABC. Actually, I ordered a 34A but forgot that the ABC bras run very large. So, this one was way too big for me. It does not look like they make it in a 34AA. You know, summer is coming and I have some cute clothes I would like to wear without bra straps showing. Also, does anyone want the one I have? Free to a good home. Just PM me.

Carol Clark- Author of WHEN OUR MOM HAD CANCER Diag.1/06 at age 40, 1.6cm, 6+nodes, stage IIIa, er/pr+, her2-, chemo, mast. rads, no recon

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

May 9, 2007 06:24PM LauraGTO wrote:

Hi Carol -
I just wear a regular strapless bra and put my gel enhancers in it. It has worked great! I just got back from Mexico and many of my tops were strapless. PM me in you want more detailed info. But I'm curious...who is ABC?
With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 9, 2007 08:49PM caaclark wrote:

Hi Laura,

I think ABC stands for American Breast Care. Just a company that makes mast. bras and pros. Although if I am wrong, someone correct me.
Carol Clark- Author of WHEN OUR MOM HAD CANCER Diag.1/06 at age 40, 1.6cm, 6+nodes, stage IIIa, er/pr+, her2-, chemo, mast. rads, no recon

May 10, 2007 05:25AM LauraGTO wrote:

Thanks!

With hope there are possibilities. Dx 7/2005, ILC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 10, 2007 03:17PM Sam91 wrote:

I ordered the strapless bra from Metromedicalonline.com that someone posted here. I too, am very small 34AA - I ordered the smallest they had a 34A and man are those cups ever big. There is no way I could wear it. I would have to put a prothesis in the side of my remaining breast just to fill it out. I will be calling them to send it back. My oldest son is getting married in Sept and I purchased an off the shoulder dress - I think I will just make my own strapless bra unless someone can tell me where to find a smaller size.

Sam Dx 3/23/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 11, 2007 12:36PM caaclark wrote:

Sam,

Yes, that is the same exact one that I have. I do have one of the Anita bras that have the see through straps but I would really love a strapless. Seems to me that someone is missing a big marketing niche. Well, maybe not but I bet lots of us would buy one if we could find it in our size.

May 11, 2007 02:03PM cmorris58 wrote:

Carol and Sam
Add another one to your marketing niche. I have spent my life trying to find bras that fit, even the AAs are (were) a little (maybe more than a little) big on me. Would love to have a niche market supplier.

Go for it.
Cate

May 11, 2007 04:35PM AnnBrown wrote:

I just got an advertisement from my mast bra store, and they have a new strapless mast bra just coming out. Unfortunately, I threw the ad away, but remember thinking that it looked good. It also comes with clear straps, and straps that can be crossed in the back. I am thinking about getting one for summer sleeveless shirts that have more shoulder showing. So, there is something out there, I just can't help too much with the manufacturer. Evidently, it is just coming onto the market, because when I went to get my 2 new prostheses (whipped silicone, and I like them so much better) in March, they didn't have the strapless bra in yet.

Ann

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)