Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Removing Tape Adhesive Advice??

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 10, 2007 09:57AM

tos wrote:

I had my bilateral 4 wks ago and still am very tender above and below my surgical area plus still have swelling so how in the world do you get this residue from the tape off of your chest? I've tried alcohol and got a little but can't rub very hard, anyone found something easy to use?

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

May 10, 2007 11:09AM caaclark wrote:

I used nail polish remover and it worked really well.

Carol
Carol Clark- Author of WHEN OUR MOM HAD CANCER Diag.1/06 at age 40, 1.6cm, 6+nodes, stage IIIa, er/pr+, her2-, chemo, mast. rads, no recon

May 10, 2007 11:20AM AlaskaDeb wrote:

I used a bit of orange oil and a bit of baby oil on a q-tip and dabbed it right away. I hated that sticky blackish mess the tape left...

Deb C
glassylady41.spaces.live.com/ Dx 2/29/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 27/32 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 10, 2007 12:48PM ArmyNavyMom wrote:

This'll sound weird, but peanut butter works, too. Spread a little thin coating on the goo, wait a minute or two then wipe off. It seems like it might have fewer chemicals to irritate the already tender skin.

Hugs,
Anne

May 10, 2007 02:53PM AlaskaDeb wrote:

Plus you get to smell like peanut butter...which believe me, is an GOOD thing if you ask my hubby LOL. He likes it when I smell like food ...vanilla, orange, spice...have not tried peanut butter...but who knows, I bet he would LOVE it.

I have used peanut butter to get gum out of long hair and it worked..
Deb C
glassylady41.spaces.live.com/ Dx 2/29/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 27/32 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

May 10, 2007 03:19PM Sam91 wrote:

My breast surgeon actually gave me a handful of packets of wipes. Not sure what was in them, but the tape came of very quickly

Sam Dx 3/23/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 10, 2007 05:39PM Bugs wrote:

My nurse recommended vegetable oil. Worked..with some gentle rubbing. I didn't smell good (like peanut butter) though

Bugs
Dx 2/1/2006, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/16 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 11, 2007 07:57AM tos wrote:

Oh my gosh, thank you all so much for the tips!
Yes, you do feel crummy w/this tape residue, makes me
feel dirty!

Most of those things one has around the house thank heavens.
Deb, where do you buy orange oil?
Hugs to you all,

May 12, 2007 06:29AM tos wrote:

I grabbed the baby oil first and the adhesive came right off! Thanks again, my gosh I've went 4 weeks, wish I had asked sooner.

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)