Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ScarDerma?

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 27, 2007 06:30PM

DTTODGG wrote:

Hello,

My PT suggested some kind of OTC cream for reducing the scar appearance. I've looked on the internet and can only find ScarDerma.

Has anyone tried this? And if so, how soon after surgery can you use this? I'm 4 weeks.

Does this work better or differently than Vitamin E?

Thanks in advance. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 27, 2007 06:58PM wallycat wrote:

I just asked my derm. about scar info with anticipation of my surgery. She said the best on the market is the Neosporin scar mend or some such name. She said there is no neosporin in the product, this is just a way to get name brand recognition. It comes with enough patches to use for the duration they recommend.

Dx 4/07 1 month before turning 50; ILC 1.8cm, ER+/PR+, HER2 neg., Stage 1, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes. Onco score 20, Bilateral Mast., tamoxifen 3-1/2 years, arimidex-completed 4/20/2012

May 28, 2007 04:12AM ADK wrote:

I am using Mederma on my scars (too many of them). When I first started using it, it was too soon and the scar bled a bit. I had an abdominal hyst in November. I started using it and had to stop. Now that it has healed, I am using it every day and I think it is helping. It's not cheap - over $25 a tube, but the tube lasts a long time. I have had an abdominal scar since a bowel resection in 1992 and I used to use aloe on it every day. That scar was removed last November and replaced with the new one. It is healing better.

Anne

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)