Topic: I look for other flat chested women. A rant.

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: Jun 13, 2012 03:39PM - edited Jul 2, 2012 07:56PM by mt1

Posted on: Jun 13, 2012 03:39PM - edited Jul 2, 2012 07:56PM by mt1

mt1 wrote:

I know many of you wear prosthesis, so I probably wouldn't be able to see or 'know', but. I look for you. I want to see you. I want to form a union, lol. I wish it were even more accepted, acceptable to be flat. To not wear prosthesis, not feel the need to, to opt out of reconstruction-if that is your choice. I do hope that women who see me, flat as can be, see there are options, that reconstruction isn't par for the course. I want to make flat beautiful, sexy, stylish. Normal. And it is normal for me, is becoming normal, but I am talking about society, norms and expectations. Breast cancer is not about 'boob jobs'. Yes, many of us opt for them, want and need them. But it is also about choosing to be flat. 

Geez, would I like to meet up with other flat chested women. I would love to take over a hotel, make noise, laugh, cry, be flat together-to see you. I want to meet other women who, like me, have decided not to reconstruct. I want to be able to see you and high five! I want to experience our society of normal.

I was picking up my vegetables from the CSA and a man could not stop looking at my chest, I wanted to yell, 'Breast Cancer did this!! Get it together, man!' I wish all of us would!

Rant complete.

Page 431 of 433 (4,323 results)

Aug 2, 2021 11:39AM NatureYogi wrote:

If anyone needs soft fake boobs you can get them free at Knitted Knockers.org. I am still very tender from surgery, but will need something in about 4 weeks. I have one breast, so I'll wear if I go into work. Other than that, I am not wearing any bra's, etc.

Dx 2/11/2021, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/10/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/23/2021 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right

Aug 2, 2021 12:33PM - edited Aug 2, 2021 12:33PM by sabbymama

I couldn't agree more. I requested a pair of Knitted Knockers and was pleasantly surprised at how beautifully they were made and packaged. What a lovely gesture from their volunteers! They are perfect for use as you transition to more professional prosethetics and I highly recommend anyone who is interested to reach out to them. The website is listed in the photo below.

Dx 3/2/2020, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2020 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 5/25/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/13/2020 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right)

Aug 2, 2021 12:34PM sabbymama wrote:

Dx 3/2/2020, DCIS/IDC, Left, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/9/2020 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Chemotherapy 5/25/2020 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 9/13/2020 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 6/9/2021 Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Right)

Aug 2, 2021 01:09PM kathindc wrote:

CCraig, I feel your pain with living with a narcissistic husband. They certainly don’t help your mental well-being through this journey none of us wanted to take. (((HUGS))

Aug 2, 2021 07:57PM k-gobby wrote:

CCraig,

I am sorry for narcissistic person. I work with someone just like this. Since they cannot see themselves, they just do not know how it feels. I was looking for a way to leave the department at my work, and BC shows up. A change of plans. I will though, likely get to work from home for a few months. Our well being is a must. Reach out and ask for love and support. A saying is out there that says do not go to the hardware store for bread. Sadest is wehen we lovethem.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 Other Surgery 2/1/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Left): Skin Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Talzenna (talazoparib) Targeted Therapy 2/1/2022 Perjeta (pertuzumab)

Aug 3, 2021 10:50AM NatureYogi wrote:

Sabbymamma,

Thanks for sharing! They are beautiful!

Dx 2/11/2021, IBC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/10/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 7/23/2021 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right

Aug 3, 2021 11:00AM NatureYogi wrote:

I have a narcissistic boss, they can be absolutely horrible! I've been working from home since March, only went back for a couple weeks in July before surgery. I let it be known that there is the American Disabilities Act that protects employees undergoing cancer treatment, etc. Drives him crazy that I am working in the comfort of my own home, no stress from him!

K-Gobby- Try and work from home as long as you can, you need the peace, you have enough going on.

Oct 23, 2021 10:51PM Beck68 wrote:

goodness knows, I too have flat and concave chest with having been scrapped into bone where it had spread and I’m butchered, for my own good. And my lower rubs esp. on drastically scraped side those ribs jut out and my belly REALLY looks like it sticks so far out and I’m not big and the size of my clothes, skirts/pants are tiny in the “fashion” sense so how/why and I wasn’t even big chested my whole life yet looking down it’s crazy and others notice it as well. I have the dog ears AND my under arm on the right has a duck flap that droops over bra and sleeveless tops too a point that I get stares and I’m like, “hey, eyes 👀 up here friend, I’m up here”, lol. So sad this disease does this kinda stuff to so many of us but you are not alone my driend

Nov 20, 2021 05:17PM cake8icing wrote:

Sabbymama, I still wear my knitted knocker and I am almost two years post surgery! I have my fancy-pants silicone prosthetic, two microbead prosthetics, the knitted knockers. But hands down, my fave is from The Busted Tank. Their single solution across the bra is SOOO comfortable, I love it!

https://www.bustedtank.com/

Dx 2/14/2020, DCIS, Left, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 3/19/2020 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Dx 3/20/2020, DCIS, Left, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+

Nov 21, 2021 02:06AM sabbymama wrote:

Cake8icing.... thanks for the information! I will definitely check that out.

Sabbymama :)

Page 431 of 433 (4,323 results)

Scroll to top button