We are 224,869 members in 82 forums discussing 157,980 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Swim suits for women who go flat?

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 27, 2015 12:28PM

Mommy2Six wrote:

Because I'm at a loss, and I have a pool party this weekend!

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)

Posts 31 - 34 (34 total)

Jun 29, 2015 07:16PM Mommy2Six wrote:

KSusan, SUPER CUTE! Love it!

Thanks everyone. <3

Jul 2, 2015 08:30PM glennie19 wrote:

FYI,, Just got a catalog from Land's End today,, and they are having an End of Summer sale with prices up to 60% off.  I have to laugh at end of summer,, since this is 4th of July weekend,,, LOL!!  Anyway,, take a look if you need a bathing suit or swim shirt, etc,,, the UV protection swim shirt are nicely marked down.

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/7/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Nov 30, 2019 01:10PM Ravin wrote:

I am looking for a swimsuit top for flat chest. I do not want one for prosthesis. They are uncomfortable. I have no problem looking flat and most people don't even notice. I would prefer a bandeau type. Does anyone know a place to buy something like this

Dec 1, 2019 09:53AM windingshores wrote:

Speaking of Land's End, they make a tank specifically for those with mastectomies who go flat. It is entirely smooth on the inside.

It took me a couple of years to find a bathing suit that was not scratchy on my scars and when I found one, I bought two. Have been swimming again now for 3 years.

A bandeau is an interesting idea. I know some people wear swim shirts. I just wear a regular one piece, looser than a tank, that has space for breasts but is otherwise comfy. I don't wear any prostheses.

Dx 2/2015, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Right Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy

Page 2 of 2 (34 results)