We are 228,767 members in 84 forums discussing 159,856 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Swim suits for women who go flat?

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: May 27, 2015 10:28AM

Mommy2Six wrote:

Because I'm at a loss, and I have a pool party this weekend!

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)

Posts 31 - 36 (36 total)

Jun 29, 2015 05:16PM Mommy2Six wrote:

KSusan, SUPER CUTE! Love it!

Thanks everyone. <3

Jul 2, 2015 06:30PM glennie19 wrote:

FYI,, Just got a catalog from Land's End today,, and they are having an End of Summer sale with prices up to 60% off.  I have to laugh at end of summer,, since this is 4th of July weekend,,, LOL!!  Anyway,, take a look if you need a bathing suit or swim shirt, etc,,, the UV protection swim shirt are nicely marked down.

Fibromyalgia and Truncal Lymphedema,,, some of the fun things I live with. Total hysterecomy 9/29/14 Prophy MX Righty 11/30/17 Dx 6/27/2013, Paget's, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2013 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Dx DCIS

Nov 30, 2019 11:10AM Ravin wrote:

I am looking for a swimsuit top for flat chest. I do not want one for prosthesis. They are uncomfortable. I have no problem looking flat and most people don't even notice. I would prefer a bandeau type. Does anyone know a place to buy something like this

Dec 1, 2019 07:53AM windingshores wrote:

Speaking of Land's End, they make a tank specifically for those with mastectomies who go flat. It is entirely smooth on the inside.

It took me a couple of years to find a bathing suit that was not scratchy on my scars and when I found one, I bought two. Have been swimming again now for 3 years.

A bandeau is an interesting idea. I know some people wear swim shirts. I just wear a regular one piece, looser than a tank, that has space for breasts but is otherwise comfy. I don't wear any prostheses.

Dx 2/2015, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Right Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy

Feb 12, 2020 07:59PM mconover wrote:

I just ordered a Land's End Tugless tank that is "lined" and apparently without any cups or underwires or pockets for prosthetics. I'll let you know how it turns out. I searched the Speedo site, and the racing tanks are also without bras, but it seems that I'm too big for them. Any other ideas are most welcome.

Apr 1, 2020 02:41PM BlueGirlRedState wrote:

Has anyone found a tank top similar to these. Often wishing the ones I have just a little thicker or a top good for getting wet without cups. I will check out the Lands End Tugless Tank mentioned. Even though flat, wanting a bra like to wear under thin shirts. Ordered some big girl training that I hope work.

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)