We are 225,712 members in 82 forums discussing 158,413 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mastectomy Bras

Forum: Living Without Reconstruction After a Mastectomy — Discuss prostheses, swimsuits, bras, and other options for women not having reconstruction or waiting for reconstruction.

Posted on: Jun 5, 2019 01:39PM

AmandaMon wrote:

Hi, my name is Amanda and my grandmother had a single mastectomy without reconstruction. She always complains that she can't find mastectomy bras to fit her new body type that feel comfortable. Does anyone else have that issue as well? I'm trying to design a new mastectomy bra to help her out and I'm wondering if this is a universal issue. Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jun 5, 2019 02:15PM - edited Jun 5, 2019 02:16PM by Moderators

Hi AmandaMon,

You may want to check out this article. If she is near a Nordstroms, they tend to do a very good job with this according to members in our community.

Prosthetics: An Alternative to Reconstruction

We hope that your grandmother can get some help to feel more comfortable.

Medicating The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 5, 2019 04:44PM AmandaMon wrote:

Thank you!

Jun 7, 2019 10:54AM bluepearl wrote:

I just go to Walmart and buy the bras with the inserts in them (a small hole at side to get them in and out). Not a mastectomy bras but I bought Knitted Knockers to put in (I found the silicone to heavy...like the ones Walmart sells to enhance breast..cheaper and I am cheap)..and they look really nice. What I had to do is sew the cup around the middle parts to keep the inserts from drifting to the middle and making one large breast that doesn't look right. Get the Knitted Knockers in your regular size...or bigger or smaller...whatever you like. They are wonderful.

Dx 1/6/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/12/2011 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Dx 2/2013, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/10/2013 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 3/18/2013

Jun 10, 2019 08:11PM alto wrote:

I had some trouble right after the surgery, but a few months later, I was able to wear a mastectomy bra that is very similar to my pre-surgery bra (just without underwires, and with pockets). I do sometimes wear a larger band size and smaller cup size to get a better fit.

Diagnosed at 42. Had symptoms of Paget's for years prior to positive biopsy. No Tamox because low% ER. Dx 11/2/2018, Paget's, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 11/10/2018 Lumpectomy: Right Dx 11/29/2018, DCIS/Paget's, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 12/18/2018 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 12/21/2018, DCIS, Right, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 1/16/2019 Mastectomy: Right

Jun 26, 2019 06:13PM msphil wrote:

hello yes after mastectomy I ordered mastectomy bras that were kinda expensive and then I also get from Wal-Mart works just as well and I got a lot of them and nice colors too. msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after Lmast got married was planning at diagnosis. Then 7wks rads and 5yrs on Tamoxifen. Praise God now 25 yr Survivor with Hope and Positive thinking and of course my faith.

Oct 23, 2019 10:45PM msphil wrote:

hello after my Lmast my sister sewed a piece material into couple my bras used them for awhile then ordered from J C Penney has a dept just for mastectomy bras prothesis swimsuits. I now get bras also from Wal-Mart . msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes 3mo chemo before and after Lmast then got married was planning our 2nd marriages when diagnosed then 7wks rads and 5yrs on Tamoxifen

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)