We are 156,739 members in 80 forums discussing 124,071 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Back home after duct excision

Topic: Back home after duct excision

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. Posting pictures of symptoms is NOT recommended - you are encouraged to seek advice from a medical professional in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: May 31, 2008 12:55PM

stephanieb wrote:

Well girls, I made it.  Had all my ducts excised from the left breast yesterday morning and now back home a day later.  Have not been able to see what is left cause I'm not allowed to take off the bandages or compression bra until Monday.  It looked smaller than the right and kind of sloped yesterday, but right now feels very swollen and stinging/burning feeling if I sit up or move around too much.  This compression bra is a lifesaver~~it zips in front.  I'm trying to stop the pain pills today~~I don't like feeling fuzzy headed and weird.  I see the surgeon again next thursday, but she said she would call mon or tues with results.  So I am still waiting, but feel better having progressed this far.  Jaly I saw on another post that you are going to another breast center~~way to go girl, you keep going until you get the satisfactory answers you need!   Thanks to all of you who sent thoughts and prayers, I laid there and thought of you guys yesterday and REALLY missed being able to come to the board.  Never realized how important all the support is until I didn't have access to the computer in the hospital.  There is no substitute for all of you guys who have been jsut where I am, although family is being great, no one actually understands what its like the way you guys do!!  Love, Stephanie

Page 1 of 2 (32 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (32 total)

May 31, 2008 03:27PM Ked1019 wrote:

Stephanie I am so glad you are home and doing well. Now is not the time to be a hero. If you need the pills take them. Give yourself a few days and then try to get off of them. I got chills when I read your post knowing that I was to have the same major duct excision surgery last month. Up until yesterday were you still having discharge? If so what color and was it spontaneous or only upon manual expression. I am asking because I cancelled my surgery because we did not see anything in the dialated duct on u/s and the bleeding had stopped. This past week I noticed a small dot on my nice new bra (another story) and knew it was back. I expressed a little that night too. I had an MRI 2 1/2 weeks ago and they did not find any mass in the duct either. I am wondering now if I should have just had the surgery. I am going in for re-excision this month to remove the old mass that was confirmed a fibroadenoma, a new mass they found and then the atypical area they found on biopsy. Maybe if I tell her about the bleeding she will do the ductal excision at the same time. I have not had any since but that is how it has been; on and off.

I hope you have a good recovery and bounce back with b9 results. If your results are not so b9 then at least you know you have a place to turn to. You are right, this board is awesome. 

Chat soon,

Karen 

May 31, 2008 03:31PM Dukemom2 wrote:

Stephanie,

SO glad to hear you are home!  Don't stop taking the pain meds too soon.  If they leave you feeling funny, explain that to the doctor and ask if she can switch you to something else.  I know it's the weekend, but the surgeon (or whoever is covering for her) has an answering service.  If you call and leave the message with the phone number of your pharmacy, he/she should be willing to phone in something else for you. (If it's someone covering for your surgeon, he/she will probably phone in only enough of something to get you through until you can talk to your surgeon on Monday.)

It's very important that you stay comfortable without feeling drugged or fuzzy headed.  Are you still using ice intermittently?  That will help with any swelling, and will also help make it feel a little better.  (Just don't put the ice directly on any skin, and stick to 20 minutes on/20 minutes off, or 20 minutes on every hour.)

Take it very easy, get tons of rest, and let your family wait on you hand and foot.  Healing vibes are coming your way!

Dukemom

"You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

May 31, 2008 03:36PM Dukemom2 wrote:

Karen,

If you had more bleeding, even once, I'd ask her about doing the ductal excision at the same time.  What the heck, while she's there. . . . might as well get it taken care of.  It would save you needing general anesthesia later if the bleeding problem were to continue, and it will give you peace of mind. 

Dukemom

"You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

May 31, 2008 05:01PM julz4 wrote:

Stephanie, Ahhhhh! It's so nice to be home in your own bet & sheets! I'm glad it sounds like your doing pretty good. The other girls are right about the pain meds. Research has been done about pain & healing. They say the more comfortable you are (pain free or reduced pain) the better you heal! You can rest better too & don't feel so stressed out. It all interferes with the bodies ability to heal! Just some thoughts from someone who has had many other types of surgery! I've been under the knife 14 x's in my life. Some not so invasive, others more so. Take Care, lots of rest, & A LOT OF TLC FROM THE GIRLS HERE!       Gentle Healing Hugs from Julee!

DX 5/15/2012 with DCIS. Partial Mastectomy & CNB 5/22/2012, DX 5/30/2012 DCISMI, 2.8cm, Tumor stage T1, Grade 2-3/3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, No HER2 testing due to not enough invasive tissue.

May 31, 2008 07:27PM jalydiju wrote:

Stephanie,

I am so pleased to see you are home safe.

I know that the first thing you would tell me would be to rest and take my meds for pain. You would be a wise woman giving me this advice.

Getting something that dosnt make you fuzzy headed makes sense to.

Hoping things come back A O K.........Jaly

May 31, 2008 08:31PM stephanieb wrote:

Thanks girls, I think I will take another half pain pill before bedtime.  For some reason pain always seems to get worse right before bed. 

Karen, I did have the discharge right up until the morning of surgery, but not from all the problem ducts.  It was coming from 5 distinct ducts.  The only two that were spontaneous had the clear fluid, the kind that when you let it dry on a tissue it turns brownish.  The other 3 would only produce discharge when expressed and it was milky-ish to clear, kind of like an egg white.  All of it was sticky.  I think the first 2 totally clear ones worried the surgeon the most.  Like you, I did have an MRI that came back "clean", but the doc stressed that it did not mean that I did NOT have a problem.  She still recommended the excision but it was ultimately my decision.  I am very glad I did have it done, just makes me feel better to know that the problem spot is OUT of my body.  Did you have any cytology done?  Mine did come back with atypical cells showing up in the fluid so that was another factor that made me opt for the surgery.  Doc said that the only way to get a definate diagnosis was to do the major excision and biopsy it all.

Dukemom, I started using the ice bag they gave me in the hosp yesterday and then switched to frozen peas in a bag once I got home.  It does help quite a bit!  I saw you are from Sarasota, I did my occupational therapy internship down there at HealthSouth outpatient and then the rehab hospital in 1999.  It is a BEAUTIFUL place! 

Julee and Jaly, thanks for the well wishes.  My husband has been really great to help out before, during and after the surgery.  My mom has kept my little boy for the last several days so I guess I have really got it made with the family support.  They started out saying this would never amount to anything, but eventually came around to realize it was more than just little thing we could ignore.  I'm so glad to hear from you all, will talk soon......God Bless You!!! Stephanie 

Courage doesn't always roar, Sometimes courage is the little voice that whispers I'll try again tomorrow.

Jun 1, 2008 08:40AM Dukemom2 wrote:

Stephanie,

I've very glad you have the support and understanding at home; it does make a huge difference.

My father (now deceased) was a patient a couple of times at HeathSouth.  My husband and I joke that the hospitals and rehab facilities here are so nice because they get so much business.  The population trends towards the very elderly side!  Wink

I think the pain is worse in the evening because as much as you may be resting during the day, you are still up and moving.  Even with a very snug and firm bra, you are moving that poor sore breast, and it lets you know about it!

I hope the half a pain pill and ice are keeping you comfortable.  Continue to take it easy, and let your family pick up the slack so you can heal.

Dukemom

Jun 1, 2008 01:51PM leaf wrote:

I think there have been studies that show that patients in a hospital do worse at night.

I don't know how easy it would be for me to fall asleep if I was in pain. I used my pain meds to make me more sleepy, but I still had insomnia.

Home makes all the difference. Let us know how it goes, OK?

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, Stage 0, ER+/PR- Hormonal Therapy 07/15/2006 Tamoxifen in pill form (brand names: Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone, class: selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM))

Jun 1, 2008 03:30PM Ked1019 wrote:

Stephanie,

I did have cytology done on the discharge. no atypical cells found however it did come back positive for blood. I did have atypical cells found via stereotactic biopsy on the same breast. i only have my discharge right now if I manually express. Last week I had one spot on my bra but haven't seen any since. When I checked the other night to see if I was just "seeing things" I found it coming out of 3 ducts.. one clear, one yellowish/brown and one rusty brown (the blood). Please keep us posted when you get your results. Praying for b9 results.

Karen 

Jun 1, 2008 09:49PM CAZ wrote:

Hey Stephanie,

Way to go girl.  So glad you're home.  I hope natural comfort comes to you soon.  In the meantime, the minimum amount that keeps you comfortable sounds wise.  I hope this wait is much less anxious than all the others.  As usual, we're here for you.

Carol

Jun 1, 2008 10:56PM jalydiju wrote:

Hi Stephanie,

Have app Breast Clinic 3 July.

Feel better about things.

Said they would do everything that is needed on that day.

Hope you are feeling more and more better everyday.

Jaly

Jun 2, 2008 12:45AM stephanieb wrote:

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!! I looked at it!   Took the bandages off....Now I feel like I am being ridiculous, it's not like I had a mastectomy or anything, but........my left nipple now points totally to the left, while the other is straight ahead!  And there is a big dent beside where the nipple is pointing.  I admit I shed a few tears when I looked at it.  Then I felt stupid because it's not as though I lost an arm or leg.  But it looks SO WEIRD!.  Then to beat it all my mother comes over and says well it's not so bad, you won't even be able to tell with clothes on, and looks at me like I am being over dramatic.  But I know you can tell with a bathing suit and my hobby is riding my PWC on the lake where we live so I'm always in a bathing suit.  I hate it when family does not validate my feelings about this situation!  She just makes me so mad acting like it is nothing.  I bet if it was her breasts pointing two opposite ways she would think different.  Why couldn't she just say 'I'm sorry honey" and give me a big hug instead of playing it off.  I didn't even mean to turn this post into a rant but I'm just so aggravated right now.  Thank God for all you wonderful people who actually know what this is like.  What would I do without you all.  Probably feel totally alone in all this.  Thanks for being there to listen.  Yes I think I will have that pain pill now!!  Jaly I'm so glad you have sought the second opinion.  June 3rd can't come soon enough!  Carol and leaf, I will let you all know the minute I get the phone call,  I am soooo hoping the doc calls early tomorrow!..  Karen, I hope I don't discourage you from any surgery you were considering.  I still don't regret getting those bad ducts out and I WOULD do it all over again despite the misaligned boobies.  I

I reread this post and I sound like a crazy woman but that is what this months long ordeal will do to you.  Think I will try and go to bed now,  Talk to you guys in the morning hopefully with good news....Stephanie 

Courage doesn't always roar, Sometimes courage is the little voice that whispers I'll try again tomorrow.

Jun 2, 2008 05:47AM Dukemom2 wrote:

Stephanie:  You are NOT crazy, and we do understand exactly how you feel.  It's your breast, and it's not the same it used to be.  Of course you are upset!

I'm not thrilled with the appearance of mine after the lumpectomy, but I too am glad it was done.  (Of course, I have to see the surgeon again in a few weeks for a couple of things that showed up on the MRI - so who knows what it will look like if he goes back in for a re-excision and also goes into a different area on the same breast.)

My mother is so oblivious I don't even discuss my feelings with her.  When I told her that there were 2 areas of concern on my MRI, and that the oncologist's office ordered an ultrasound (and the surgeon's office called and told me he wanted to see me again) - she had the most interesting response:  "well, at least you know there isn't anything to worry about".  I asked her why I don't have anything to worry about.  She replied, "he was just in there, and didn't see anything else".  I started to attempt to explain that malignant cells aren't visible to the naked eye, and that a pathologist needs to look at tissue to determine if there is a malignancy; I also attempted to point out that the other area is in a totally different part of the breast.  She just doesn't get it, so I stopped trying.

It's frustrating when family, especially our mothers, don't get it.  As you said, luckily we have each other.

Will you get the pathology report today?  I am hoping for good news for you. 

It's been over 3 weeks for me since the surgery, and my breast doesn't look as foreign to me now as it did when I first saw it.  I hope the same will be true for you.

Hang in there!

Jaly:  I am VERY glad you have an appointment at the Breast Clinic.  I'm sorry you have to wait a month, but it's wonderful that you took control and are seeing people who can address your questions and concerns.  I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

Dukemom

Jun 2, 2008 07:14AM jalydiju wrote:

Dearest Stephanie,

I can feel your distress through your post.the way you feel is perfectly alright and in my opinion completely normal. the "I should be so greatful, it is only this" is such a load of c*#p when you are the one going through it. It makes you a normal human being to feel this way.

Your mum sounds like she is trying to put on such a strong and brave face that she isnt reading the signals the right way. She isnt reading what her baby girl really needs.

I understand to a point, as I have stood in front of the mirror and asked the what if questions. I have been terrified by the possibilities of, if it is, to what could happen. I have questioned my femininity, I have questioned my sexual attractiveness and Ive questioned, the will I still be me?  Ask your mum to stand in front of the mirror naked next time she has a shower, then to imagine that tomorrow she will loose 1/2 of one of her breasts. Tell her to ask herself how does she feel? What would be the issues that she would have? Tell her you feel those issues a hundred time more powerful than her. As it is your reality.

It is ok to morn what you have lost, you have been through so much already. You are a Warrior, continue to fight your battle. You will always be you, no matter the shape of the vessel which carries your essence.

JAly

Jun 2, 2008 09:58AM sam408 wrote:

Stephanie - Glad to hear you're doing well after your surgery. Sorry the boob looks so bad to you, but it may fill in some as it heals. I had a pretty big dent after my lumpectomy but it filled in as it healed. Hopefully yours will do the same.

If it ends up really bothering you, I would see a plastic surgeon. They can do amazing things. When I first saw mine - long story short, rads really screwed up my breast tissue and I developed a chronic seroma and a badly contracted scar so ended up having a mast w/recon - she told me that if it wasn't for the fact that I had the seroma to deal with, she would probably be able to fix the contracted scar with fat injections (they lipo the fat from another area of your body and inject it into the breast).

Keeping my fingers crossed you get B9 results today.

BTW - We have a house on Nolin and love it down there. I assume you're on Cumberland since you're from Somerset. I've never been there but hear it's a beautiful lake.

Hugs

Sheila . . .Never regret something that made you smile. Dx 2/16/2007, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 2, 2008 10:03AM ADK wrote:

Hi Stephanie,

I just want you to know that it probably won't stay like that.  I had two lumpectomies in 2006 in the same spot - on my right nipple at the bottom.  Over time, the way it looked changed as it healed.  Now, it looks very much the way it used to except for the scar running through the nipple.  As you heal, it will look more normal.  You are perfectly valid in feeling the way you do.

Big {{{Hugs}}}

Anne

Jun 2, 2008 10:26AM Ked1019 wrote:

Stephanie, I am so sorry your family just doesn't get it. Unfortunately I think it is totally normal for that to be. My family doesn't get it either. They say they understand my fears and concerns but they don't validate it because I get dumb comments too. My mom could not understand why I cancelled my major duct excision and then on the other hand wonders why it is necessary to go in and do a reexcision if cancer wasn't found. I just tell her what is going on and don't discuss my feelings with anyone anymore. Well except for you ladies and the few ladies from this board that I have come to chat with off board.

You did not discourage me from having the surgery. If I had atypical cells found on cytology I would have moved forward with it. With only the blood and excess epithelial cells showing on cytology and no evidence of anything on u/s I decided to take the wait and see approach. I didn't want to deal with the pain from surgery, the issues with the nipple and the fact that I homeschool and didn't want to be out of commission just yet. Now summer is here I sing a different tune. I go on Thursday to meet with the surgeon and will discuss this with her. I am thinking she is going in to take out 2 masses and an area of tissue where atypical cells were found why not go in and take the ducts too. 

Please keep us posted on your results. Place a smile on your face today because you are loved and we care about you. Oh and take some drugs too for the pain.

Karen 

Jun 2, 2008 10:40AM julz4 wrote:

Stephanie,  The reality can be such a shocker. Before I had my biop. I went to a bra shoppe, they have so many boob enhancers these days, silicone, foam & heck even water filled bras! I hope when your healed that you can find something to make things appear on the OUTSIDE back to what they were before. Especially in your swim suit. There has to be something to make you confident on the outside. We don't like people to look at us & wonder whats wrong with us. It can shake our self confidence.

Because you know how the mind wonders. When I had a needle core biop they said they would take 4-8  2 inch cores (that would resemble spaghetti) for each spot. So for that would mean possibly up to 16  2 inch pieces of spaghetti. You can imagine what I was thinking about when I had that for dinner a few days later, (not to gross anyone out) I even cut up 16  2 inch pieces of thin spaghetti. Just to get an idea what could ultimately would come out of my close friend. Only 6 came out of my left, the smaller one. For me only I can tell. But my nipple on that breast tips up now. I can see it when I look in the mirror. I know this is not what you have gone through, far far from it.

In regards your mother. She is from another era. It's not like she doesn't care how her body looks. But 40 yrs ago even longer there was not the emphasis on how your body looked. Magazines, T.V., movies, news. H@!! even on Billboards in major cities, have pictures of scantily clad women these days. It's everywhere nip this tuck that it's getting to be the new norm. It doesn't always make it right though. Don't get me wrong. I like to look good too. When my mother in law had her double mastectomy almost 18 yrs ago. She didn't care she wanted to live & wanted the ca gone. She wanted to live & wasn't vain about it. I think that was just her era how she was brought up & dealt with things. 

Only time & healing will tell the true outcome of the wounded one. Until then you can come here for wonderful understanding comfort. We understand were your coming from some way more than others. Even if we don't it's in the back of our minds when & if that time will come. We all like to feel beautiful on the outside even when we already are on the inside!

Lots of Gentle Hugs & Mental TLC from Julee!

DX 5/15/2012 with DCIS. Partial Mastectomy & CNB 5/22/2012, DX 5/30/2012 DCISMI, 2.8cm, Tumor stage T1, Grade 2-3/3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, No HER2 testing due to not enough invasive tissue.

Jun 2, 2008 11:43PM CAZ wrote:

Hey Stephanie,

Rant away, Girl.  Moms can be that way.  When I told my Mom I was having a biopsy she said, "I've had two.  They're no big deal."  While the actual biopsy may be no big deal,  the possibility of cancer was a HUGE deal.

It's too soon to know what the final look will be.  As scar tissue forms internally, it will possibly pull the nipple closer to normal.  Remember, your surgeon wants you to look as symmetrical as you do.  In their experience, this may be the best post op position for the final overall appearance. 

Hang in there.  We know, and we care.

Carol

Jun 3, 2008 09:30AM stephanieb wrote:

OK once again you guys have pulled everything into perspective for me.  Yes, it looks weird now, but as the days go on I am getting more and more used to it, as the initial shock has worn off.  I agree that maybe it will fill in with time, after all it has only been 3 days so I know there are swelling issues.  If not there is plenty of extra in my backside they can inject up top. 

As for the mother issues, I guess she is doing the best she can.  I know she does not mean to hurt me, she just really thinks it is no big deal.  Luckily I have people who know what is is like to have that part of you so altered and how it does affect a person mentally as well as physically.  Hearing all the other "mother" stories helped me realize I'm not the only one.  

Thank you everybody for helping me, once again, not to become a total basket case.   God bless you all,   Stephanie

<> 

Jun 19, 2008 10:10PM volcano123 wrote:

I don't know if anyone is on line right now, but I just had a duct removed from my right breast.  I don't think I quite understood what the doctor was going to do, because I don't have a huge issue...I believe I just had a blocked duct and the milk was probably infected because it turned a bit brownish, but there was no blood.  My family has no history of breast cancer, but now I'm sitting here feeling like my world is caving in, because I just took off the bandages and the scars are unbelievable.  Why wasn't I prepared for this and will the scars go away?  They go almost 3/4 around the pink area of my breast?  Need a friend... anyone here?

Jun 19, 2008 10:33PM Ked1019 wrote:

Volcano, you have entered into the discussion group where women come in and answer questions, it is not real time open chat discussion meaning that there are alot of people on here at this one time. If you need immediate feedback please entere under chat - go back to support adn community and register for chat... there are women always on there talking. just butt in and seek help and support.

I know there are not a lot of women here who have been through ductal excisions. I was set to have the surgery but cancelled it at the last minute. Your doctor should have gone over the procedure and outcome with you. I do know that scars will lighten and become masked within your areola and skin. Please call your doctor first thing in the morning and get an appt to go over your concerns. Remember scars do heal. It always looks bad in the beginning. Hang in there.

Hugs to you. 

Jul 18, 2008 06:31PM JStefany12 wrote:

I just stumbled across this board, wow, I feel like you all speak the same foreign language I am just learning.  I have had a mammo, ultrasound 2xs, Halo test, MRI, core biopsy, and now they have me scheduled for a ductal excision.  Has anyone had this "Halo test" besides me?  It's a form of ductal lavage.  They cytology reports abnormal cells, so they really feel like they need to do this excision.  Should I get a second opinion?

STefany

Jul 19, 2008 08:18AM julz4 wrote:

Sorry you had to join us. As I don't know anything about this issue, but I am concerned about you getting the answer's you need. Please start your own TOPIC. Go back to the list of topics under 'Not diagnosed but  worried' click on the box in top right hand corner 'Start new topic' you will find you get a quicker response. It is a weekend & takes longer for people to respond.  I would suggest you head your topic "Help need info on a HALO TEST" or something like that. I hope this helps you. Please keep in touch. Remember to look near the top of the page after you have signed in people sometimes PM~personal message you with info., or you can PM them. I'll be watching for you! Julee

Jul 22, 2008 04:28PM erin1 wrote:

I am sitting here and reading about your experience and getting teary eyed. I did more than cry a FEW tears when they took the bandages off... I cried A LOT. That was yesterday... and i still feel upset. I just don't want to look at my breasts. My nipples are pointing outward and they look inverted... It looks aweful. My husband said that he still loves them... i don't. I wonder how he would feel if his penis was crooked and dented. Thank you for your post... I feel less alone. 

Oct 5, 2008 09:00PM suebirch wrote:

it's now october 4th and I just found this forum.  Since the last post is july 22, i am not sure if anyone is still looking at it, but I'll give it a shot.  I am scheduled for ductal excision in my right breast this coming thursday and have no idea what to expect. how will i feel? will I feel like going back to work on monday?  just wanting to hear what those who have been through it think.

Oct 5, 2008 09:08PM Jo_Ann_K wrote:

Sue,

Just went through this on Wednesday, but I think the amount of tissue excised really determines how you'll do.  As for me, the entire procedure took 2-1/2 hours from going to radiation to have the wire placed through discharge.  I wore my bra for 48 hours per doctor's orders and put ice to the breast 20 minutes on and off for 24 hours per doctor's orders.  Pain was minimal, controlled with Extra-Strength Tylenol, and just knowing the cancer was out of me, I felt MUCH MUCH better emotionally post-operatively.  I did a lot of sleeping on that day and anticipated not being able to work, but by Thursday, I was already bored and started doing some work from home.  I was restricted from driving for a couple of days, but that's back to normal now too. I'm just being mindful of heavy lifting so I don't strain the suture line (3-4" long).

Good luck! 

joannklein.blogspot.com Dx 9/5/2008, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, ER+/PR+ Hormonal Therapy 01/09/2009 Surgery 10/01/2008 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast Radiation Therapy 10/22/2008

Oct 6, 2008 07:36PM Shirlann wrote:

Hey everyone, DO NOT expect that what you see NOW is what you will see in six weeks or in six months regarding your breast appearance.

AND there is absolutely nothing that cannot be fixed by a good plastic surgeon.  So stop worrying about this aspect.  Things change a lot in a few months.

Also, in most states and could be federally, the law says you MUST be returned, no cost to you, to as close to what you were as possible.

So try to get a handle on this part and paste a good view of the latest "Playboy Playmate" over the area.

Gentle hugs, Shirlann

Oct 9, 2008 03:24PM misheley wrote:

Hi, Sue.

I had one duct taken in a wedge resection on September 4th.  I am still a tiny bit sore, but only when something bumps me.  Recovering from the anesthesia was worse than the breast surgery, to be honest.  Ice really helped a lot.

I hope all goes well for you!

Michele

Dec 3, 2009 08:32AM zen_capricorn wrote:

Stephanie,

Thank you for being here and posting your information.  I am scheduled to have a duct excision on my right breast on Dec 14th.  Supposedly my Dr. is best in town, but I have a lot of quesitons and your posts have answered many of them.

I have had a mamogram and an ultrasound.  No lump has been found.  I have been having discharge from both breasts and more from the right one.  I am wondering if I should have other tests done before I let them do the excision.  We have no history of cancer of any type in my family.

Page 1 of 2 (32 results)