We are 162,804 members in 80 forums discussing 128,101 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Strange pull/tightening in breast

Topic: Strange pull/tightening in breast

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES FOR DIAGNOSTIC PURPOSES. You are encouraged to seek advice from a medical professional in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: May 15, 2009 01:23PM

JamieTK wrote:

My right breast on the side is getting a strange sensation, kind of like a pull, or tightening, or even very very slight muscle spasm. It happens numerous times throughout the day now for about 2 weeks.  A couple of years ago I had a biopsy done in that spot for a small mass in my breast, that was determined to be benign. Biopsy was done at MD Anderson where I am a melanoma patient. That's also the side of my body where they removed 2 sential lymph nodes and the incision is not too far from my right breast. But the SNB was 3 1/2 years ago and the biopsy was a few years ago. This is the first time I've experienced this sensation. It's not painful, just "there". Then again, even after 3 1/2 years, I still get nerve pain under my right arm from the SNB. Should I be concerned? Thank you.

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 16, 2009 09:07AM leaf wrote:

Well, I don't think anybody here can tell you for sure whether or not its something you should be concerned about.  But I still get some 'zinging' or itchy or strange sensations at the site of a mole I had removed several decades ago, like the sensations I have at my small breast incision site.

I don't know hardly anything about melanoma, but you may want to get it checked out. It may be scar tissue. Breast cancer usually presents as a painless lump, but if you ask everybody here, people have all sorts of symptoms - breast cancer doesn't read books.

Its probably nothing, but since you already have a cancer history, it may be good to get checked out.

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 16, 2009 09:58AM alicia57 wrote:

I've had what sounds like similar symptoms - I had a mastectomy for stage 1 breast cancer a year and a half ago and only 2 lymph nodes were removed for a sentinal biopsy.  Back in the fall I was having sensations in that area fairly often throughout the day - not sharp pains or anything just tugs or pulls - it's hard to describe.  I wouldn't have worried about it at all had it not been that side, but it honestly felt a little puffy in areas too.  I went to my oncologist and she rushed me down for a chest x-ray and sonogram and they turned out clear, and she said it was minor lymphedema.  Even though I just had the 2 lymph nodes out.  I had been lifting some heavy boxes of brochures at work a few weeks prior to that.   It got better but from time to time I still have some very minor sensations but I avoided lifting things with that arm, that's what my oncologist told me to do.  I'd definitely get anything suspicious checked out.  Take Care

Alicia Dx 9/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2-