We are 160,333 members in 80 forums discussing 126,524 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Pictures of dimpling?

Topic: Pictures of dimpling?

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES. You are encouraged to seek advice from a medical professional in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: Mar 9, 2011 10:51AM, edited Mar 9, 2011 10:52AM by mdoak

mdoak wrote:

Anyone know of any sites with pictures of breast dimpling?

I have breast issue after breast issue, so many that I put off doing breast exams. So I just did my first of the month breast exam and felt a new and quite tender lump on the side of my left breast at about 3:00, almost under my arm. I didn't think that much of it since I am very lumpy and bumpy until I looked in the mirror and saw what I think is a dimple about an inch below where the lump is. I had noticed some pulling there a couple months ago but decided it was just breast sag from approaching middle age. But this is more pronounced, more like a dimple. I can only see it in certain positions, and not when I lift my arms over my head.

anyway, if anyone knows of any pics online it might be helpful. I can't go running to the doc every time I find a new thing. I'm already on high-risk monitoring and am scheduled for an MRI in June.

Posts 1 (1 total)

Mar 9, 2011 11:02AM DocBabs wrote:

Try this

http://www.radiologymalaysia.org/breasthealth/sbe/sbe_breastcancersigns.htm

DocBabs Dx 4/28/2011, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Right Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2011 Aromasin (exemestane)