Topic: Soreness after Biopsy???

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Jul 13, 2007 07:44AM

Posted on: Jul 13, 2007 07:44AM

zyllasmom wrote:

I have a hard mass under where my stitches were, it feels like muscle and it is still sore.

How long with the tenderness last???

Thanks, Julie Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Jul 13, 2007 08:09AM marshakb wrote:

Julie, mine was tender for about 3 days and black/blue for a week. Hang in there! marsha

I'm not dead yet! Dx ILC, Stage IV, 1/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 13, 2007 12:11PM Shirlann wrote:

It is almost certainly a hematoma, in english, a collection of blood or some other serum type thingy.

This soon, these things are rarely anything serious.

Of course, as always, when you see your doc, talk about this.

Hugs, Shirlann

Jul 13, 2007 02:04PM knapppa wrote:

I had an MRI guided biopsy three weeks ago. Still have bruisng--especially blue/black in spots--and big hematoma. Surgeon told me the hematoma could take a few months to go away completely. I wasn't too sore, though, after a day. A little twinge now and then.

Hang in--all of this is normal--although a nuisance, I'm sure.

Pam

Jul 14, 2007 02:01AM mooocows wrote:

Julie: Could it just be scar tissue? I don't know if it can form that quickly or not, but I know that I have a spot next to my last biopsy scar that feels hard too but is scar tissue. Just a thought. As far as soreness, my doctor's office said it can be tender for up to a year and that it depends on each person. If you are still nervous about it, call your doctor's office. Hang in there - Carolyn

Jul 14, 2007 02:22AM leaf wrote:

I had weird sensations after my excision, and it lasted for like 9 months. (I was black and blue for a few months.)

If your soreness is getting worse, esp if its red, or oozing, and/or you are running a temperature, make sure to check with your doc to make sure it isn't infected.
Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 14, 2007 11:36AM tashaw6 wrote:

I have been sore for like for four days now. My boob is swollen and is black and blue and just plain sore. I have put ice on it and taken pain tablets but still very uncomfortable! I am seeing my doctor for my results on Tuesday so will speak to him then!

Jul 15, 2007 06:48AM floridian wrote:

I was sore for about a week. I still have a lump where the biopsy was taken three months later. I think this is unusual. Had a large purple area for a while - now just a small scar and a lump. Keep putting ice on it to keep the swelling down.

(dense breasts, fibroadenomas, duct ectasia, apocrine metaplasia and undiagnosed lumps)

Jul 16, 2007 12:31AM Jenny812 wrote:

WIth my MRI biopsy, I was sore for several months. Also had a hematoma which eventually went away.
Jenny J.

Jul 21, 2007 07:52AM PamsPromise wrote:

I had a biopsy via mammotome yesterday. It really wasn't painful just a little sting when the numbing medicine was placed. I did wake up last night shivering....I assume from a fever as I did not take it myself. I piled another blanket on my bed and went back to sleep. I had the typical headache I get with fevers. When I woke up a few hours later my fever had broke and I feel good today. Has anyone else had an experience such as this? My surgical site looks good, some bruising as expected, but all in all very well. Since it has only been a little more than 24 hours since the biposy I doubt there is infection anyway. Just would like to have others thoughts about this.

Take care,
Pam
Dx 4/24/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Scroll to top button