We are 194,712 members in 81 forums discussing 143,974 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Strange pull/tightening in breast

Topic: Strange pull/tightening in breast

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: May 15, 2009 03:23PM

JamieTK wrote:

My right breast on the side is getting a strange sensation, kind of like a pull, or tightening, or even very very slight muscle spasm. It happens numerous times throughout the day now for about 2 weeks.  A couple of years ago I had a biopsy done in that spot for a small mass in my breast, that was determined to be benign. Biopsy was done at MD Anderson where I am a melanoma patient. That's also the side of my body where they removed 2 sential lymph nodes and the incision is not too far from my right breast. But the SNB was 3 1/2 years ago and the biopsy was a few years ago. This is the first time I've experienced this sensation. It's not painful, just "there". Then again, even after 3 1/2 years, I still get nerve pain under my right arm from the SNB. Should I be concerned? Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 16, 2009 11:07AM leaf wrote:

Well, I don't think anybody here can tell you for sure whether or not its something you should be concerned about.  But I still get some 'zinging' or itchy or strange sensations at the site of a mole I had removed several decades ago, like the sensations I have at my small breast incision site.

I don't know hardly anything about melanoma, but you may want to get it checked out. It may be scar tissue. Breast cancer usually presents as a painless lump, but if you ask everybody here, people have all sorts of symptoms - breast cancer doesn't read books.

Its probably nothing, but since you already have a cancer history, it may be good to get checked out.

Classic LCIS.If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them- Isaac Asimov Dx 12/8/2005, LCIS, ER+/PR- Surgery 1/24/2006 Lumpectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy 7/15/2006 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 16, 2009 11:58AM alicia57 wrote:

I've had what sounds like similar symptoms - I had a mastectomy for stage 1 breast cancer a year and a half ago and only 2 lymph nodes were removed for a sentinal biopsy.  Back in the fall I was having sensations in that area fairly often throughout the day - not sharp pains or anything just tugs or pulls - it's hard to describe.  I wouldn't have worried about it at all had it not been that side, but it honestly felt a little puffy in areas too.  I went to my oncologist and she rushed me down for a chest x-ray and sonogram and they turned out clear, and she said it was minor lymphedema.  Even though I just had the 2 lymph nodes out.  I had been lifting some heavy boxes of brochures at work a few weeks prior to that.   It got better but from time to time I still have some very minor sensations but I avoided lifting things with that arm, that's what my oncologist told me to do.  I'd definitely get anything suspicious checked out.  Take Care

Alicia Dx 9/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)