We are 193,632 members in 81 forums discussing 143,542 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Expander poking out or a lump?

Topic: Expander poking out or a lump?

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Jun 15, 2009 05:54AM

ChemoSobby38 wrote:

Anyone have an experience with a lump while doing reconstruction?  I had a double mastectomy in Jan. 2009 and I am going in for the exchange surgery this week -- but I noticed a lump two months ago and it is slightly bigger now.  It is very pronounced.  My PS thinks it is the corner of the expander poking out.  Still worried, a month later I showed it to my ONC and he said the same and not to worry.  But I AM worried -- what else is new?   During the exchange surgery -- will the PS check inside to make sure everything is good before putting the implants in? 

[CANCER 2x **not a recurrance **, 1st Cancer: CHEMO: ACT, RADIATION, HERCEPTIN, CHEMO PORT, 2nd Cancer: CHEMO - CT, BILATERAL MASTECTOMY, BREAST RECONSTRUCTION] Pat a/k/a ChemoSobby38 Dx 1/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 15, 2009 08:39AM buffy wrote:

I can understand your concern, but trust your doctors.  I too have implants, which were put in a year ago, and there are certain areas where there is a lump/bump type thing and my PS assured me it was the implant and actually showed my surgeon where the lump/bump is on the implants that are shown to women before making a decision.  I am sure your PS is familiar with your implant and where this lump would be .... hand in there...I am sure you are fine...irene
Dx 8/3/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 15, 2009 08:43AM ChemoSobby38 wrote:

thanks Irene ... it's hard not to worry about every little thing.  - Pat

[CANCER 2x **not a recurrance **, 1st Cancer: CHEMO: ACT, RADIATION, HERCEPTIN, CHEMO PORT, 2nd Cancer: CHEMO - CT, BILATERAL MASTECTOMY, BREAST RECONSTRUCTION] Pat a/k/a ChemoSobby38 Dx 1/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)