We are 164,711 members in 80 forums discussing 129,309 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Sharp pains in nipple area

Topic: Sharp pains in nipple area

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES FOR DIAGNOSTIC PURPOSES. You are encouraged to seek advice from a medical professional in the event of any concerns.

Posted on: Jan 17, 2012 12:55AM

Pommygal wrote:

Hey everyone first post so here goes.

Apart from all your troubles i hope you're all well. I'm 44 yrs young and i have recently been getting very sharp pains in my nipple (like your milk is coming after having a baby). I had a Hysterctomy in 2010 (1 ovary still)  so no periods but since i have been getting this pain if i give my nip a squeeze green/yellow/clear stuff comes out plus when no bra on i can feel a long lump under the skin but it feels more like a muscle kinda thing ???? plus my whole boob is tender. I'm going to the doc's today just to rule thinbgs out but anyone else have this and have a happy outcome or not 

Thanks Debs x 

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jan 17, 2012 04:34AM flash wrote:

One thing at a time.  Let your doc use his degree and earn his money.  Come back and let us know how it has gone.

multifocal multicentric IDC, DCIS, pagets et al. - er+,pr+ her2+++, mast,chemo, ooph, hyst Dx 10/10/2007, Paget's, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 17, 2012 12:59PM carcharm wrote:

It took me about a year after chemopause (now permanant menopause) that I started having the same sharp pains you describe. I've had normal mammograms so I'm thinking it's due to the loss of estrogen. I've heard it can contribute to overall body aches and pains. The greenish stuff you have coming out could be normal. You should have it checked. The year before I was dx with BC my doctor noticed it and wanted to swab it to check the cytology/culture but I kind of blew it off like its just dirt. Stupid me. It could be normal drainage. I think I read that if you have to squeeze it to come out that's a good sign but if it starts expressing without squeezing than that's not such a good sign. I'd still have it checked. You could have cystic breasts and that is what you feel. Thoughts and prayers for a great check up!

Jan 18, 2012 01:39AM Pommygal wrote:

thanks for your reply I have read numerous things on this subject but it's good to know if someone else had the same thing and what the outcome was. I'm not one for panicking thinking the worst but a bit or reassurance is always nice. He has reffered my for a scan which is booked in on fri morning Smile

Yeah  thats why i went to see him :/  thanks for your feedback

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)