We are 193,586 members in 81 forums discussing 143,527 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Nipple discharge with bad smell

Topic: Nipple discharge with bad smell

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Apr 8, 2012 04:53PM

BlondeGenie wrote:

Hi, I'm 34.  I've had a mammogram and ultrasound and they found a growth in a milk duct.  The reason that I went to the Dr was for smelly nipple discharge.  Seriously bad smell, like foot odour.  I can't find anything about the smell of the discharge. 

My discharge is like a yellow fluid and can vary in how much.  I wear a thin liner in my bra because sometimes it leaks through to my clothes and the liner helps with the smell.  Can't feel a lump, the growth is tiny.

I'm on a surgical wait list to have the growth removed, but was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar smelly discharge and what your outcome was?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Apr 9, 2012 02:29PM Ann216 wrote:

Foul smelling dicharge (from anywhere) can indicate bacterial infection. Did your doctor address the issue at all? Any other symptoms like a low grade fever? I would call your doctor again and get the drainage checked for infection!

Apr 9, 2012 03:45PM BlondeGenie wrote:

No fever, just an occasional ache in the breast, sometimes itchy and nipple tenderness, the nipple has turned in slighly too. 

I originally though it was an infected milk duct and have mentioned it to the Dr.  They think it's the growth producing the discharge.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)