Topic: Has anyone had the Oncoblot test?

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Jan 1, 2017 05:54PM

Posted on: Jan 1, 2017 05:54PM

Sanders0320 wrote:

I took the Oncoblot test in November. I received my results right before Christmas, and I received a positive result for my breast. While this is great knowledge to have, I am left holding it with literally no place to go. I am interested to know if there is anyone here who might have had experience with this test, and if so, what steps you might have taken once you received the results. I have a history of breast cancer in my family, but my last mammogram was clear. I know that with the Oncoblot test it can detect cells that are often too small to be detected on an MRI or other imaging. I have an MRI scheduled, but I know that it might not show anything. I'm just curious as to what anyone with experience with this test might have done in a case like this. I appreciate any information you can pass my way. Thanks in advance!

Page 3 of 3 (25 results)

Feb 3, 2017 11:09AM MTwoman wrote:

Lisey,

liquid biopsy is looking for circulating tumor DNA, which comes from a tumor. They are still trying to determine how well the results correlate with actual biopsies and haven't used any controls yet. Which means they have no way of knowing what kind of results they will get in people with no tumors. For example, if someone were to get a liquid biopsy without having had a tumor identified, what would be the purpose? How would they proceed if there had been no tumor identified to remove and confirm. And what about false positives? what would people do (who had been referred for screening only absent previous findings)? i.e. in the case of mammo findings, you can add US or with conflicting or absent findings of those, you have the chance to do mri. If you had a liquid biopsy, found something 'suspicious' but could find no tumor, what then? There have been no sensitivity/specificity determined (clearly as they have done no randomization or controlled studies) or number needed to treat or number needed to harm. I think currently, this raises more questions than answers in a purely screening scenario. I think it shows great promise for helping folks already dealing with cancer. :)
Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Feb 3, 2017 11:52AM Lisey wrote:

All of those are great questions - just like the ethics with the Oncoblot. However, the day when a blood test surpasses other screening procedures will be an excellent day. Of course they then would have to find the tumor and if they can't - the patient could treat preventatively since the makeup would be known. I see this day happening very quickly.

Oncotype =20, ER 95%, PR 5%, ki67= 30%, Mammoprint = Low, Blueprint = Luminal A!!!! TEs= Iron Bra of Death - not worth all the complications for foobs that I'll never feel. Flat and fealess now. Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/1/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 6/14/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/6/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy 7/14/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 3, 2017 01:27PM MTwoman wrote:

when that day comes, then there would still be the question of the almighty $. How much do these tests cost and how do they all get paid for in otherwise healthy people.

Winking

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Feb 5, 2017 09:19AM rosie83 wrote:

thanks for the info, I learned about the test on one of the high risks forums of two ppl who had used it as screening. So I guess I hoped it was a new method. It's just hard when all the current methods can't see through my stupid tatas.

Feb 5, 2017 10:53AM Lisey wrote:

MTwoman, so long as there is competition and a free market - prices WILL drop. Take genetic testing. It used to cost Thousands to get tested, now you can have a full genetics panel for BC for $225. All due to competition. This will be the same, technology prices always go down when the consumer can order it.

Oncotype =20, ER 95%, PR 5%, ki67= 30%, Mammoprint = Low, Blueprint = Luminal A!!!! TEs= Iron Bra of Death - not worth all the complications for foobs that I'll never feel. Flat and fealess now. Dx 5/11/2016, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/1/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 6/14/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/6/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy 7/14/2016 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 3 of 3 (25 results)

Scroll to top button