Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

MRI scheduled... Indent has gotten bigger..

Options
Claudia30
Claudia30 Member Posts: 6
edited April 2021 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello everyone... Back in March 10 I had a breast ultrasound done... It came back normal... I was happy for the news, but one of my indents has gotten bigger.. I simply dont think this is normal... The breast pains have continued... I know some women suggested i stop visiting this site, but i feel that my breast problem hasnt been sorted... I am hoping i can get some support because yes im very nervous now that i see the indent bigger... I hope i am welcomed... I will post results of MRI, it will probably be scheduled in the first 2 weeks of April... Thank you all ❤

Comments

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    edited March 2017
    Options

Claudia, hopefully you will get a good report

• Claudia30
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thanks so much Beatmon... Im hoping its just tissue or something. Its just that everytime I look at my breasts in the mirror my worry increases... Hoping the indent is just a benign cause 🙏🙏 Wish you the best ❤

• Juls4
    Juls4 Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    Options

Cancer is usually painless so pain is actually a good thing. I really wish doctor's did a better job of communicating information to women earlier in the process because even if what you have is benign, the waiting is stressful and a huge distraction. I feel our psychological health is often ignored until an actual cancer diagnosis. I had no family history and no risk factors for breast cancer so everyone, doctors, family, and friends told me I was worrying over nothing. I stressed for 5 weeks waiting for results, then found out I had cancer (early stage thankfully). I doubt you'll be in that situation but it's good you're being proactive and getting checked out.

• s1d1c1u1
    s1d1c1u1 Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2017
    Options

Juls4 My lump was most def not painless. In fact, it was the pain that made me finally get my butt to a doctor. I had a small indent months before I noticed the lump, but it wasn't until it started hurting that I got it checked out.

Claudia30, Hope you get good results! Rooting for it to be benign.

• Claudia30
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you S1d..how did they find the lump for you? Mammo, US? Did the US show your lump?

• Claudia30
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you Juls4 :)

• BG46TN
    BG46TN Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2017
    Options

Juls4 my lump was also not painless! I was told the same thing about cancer not being painful, so it "tricked me" into thinking I was getting B9 results and I didn't....

Claudia you have every right to push to get the proper testing that makes you feel better. I'm glad you are getting an MRI to check further...I hope its nothing, but even if its not you have all of us here, and will at least know you pushed and advocated for your own health!!

good luck!!

• Claudia30
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you BG4 ❤ Im hoping for benign results but im also prepared to hear bad news. I was very prepared to hear bad during my ultrasound and was actually shocked to hear nothing was found, since i have so many symptoms. And I also know all the ladies here are wonderful and in case its BC ill have you beautiful warrior ladies. If you can make it I can too ❤ Thank you and Ill keep you posted ❤

• heather37
    heather37 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi Claudia

I feel like i could've written this post myself! If you look up all my posts, you can see i have the EXACT concern. 2 years ago, when i was 37 years old, i noticed a quarter size dent on my right breast in the 6'o clock location.

I ended up having my very first mammo, they called me back for a repeat mammo and ultrasound and ended up needing a biopsy - but the area of concern was on the opposite breast!

They weren't worried about the breast that had a dent. The said it could be normal changes. They didn't' see anything that alarmed them on the mammo or u/s.

Anyhow, i am 39 years old now, and my dent has gotten bigger too. But i have put on some weight - not much, maybe 7-10lbs or so, but the dent is visibally bigger. i went for my normal OB appt, and they checked my breasts and didn't feel a lump. so they said if i want to go for another mammo and u/s, i can. I decided to wait until i am 40 years old.

My OB says, sometimes a dent is just a dent.

I am wondering if it is just in my head too - i mean the dent is visibally there, but when i say it got bigger, is that just in my head? i don't know. But i am fairly confident it is nothing.

Please post your results when you get it, Claudia.

Will send positive vibes your way,

Heather

• Claudia30
    edited March 2017
    Options

Thank you Heather... Yes i am hoping its just normal changes. I actually have 2 more dents on the opposite breast, but those seem the same size. I too have weight fluctuations every year. I struggle with weight a lot. Some years i weigh less and i mean Maybe 20-30 pounds less, after dieting and exercising, but when i stop dieting i go back up again in weight. I am praying its due to weight changes or benign tissue changes. Since i have them in both breasts im hoping its that. What worries me though is why i get the stabbing pains in both breasts, to me its worrying when you connect them to the dents. Hopefully I get the answers I need. I had decided after my normal US to let this go, but i cant shake the feeling That i have to investigate further, and i need to in order to move on. I'll definitely Update you all in what is causing this.. Thank you for your support and advice ❤

• heather37
    heather37 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2017
    Options

hi Claudia. Have u gotten checked yet? You and I are in the same boat. I don't feel a lump but my dent got a tad bigger. But then again, I gained weight and it went to my chest.

• ardeedandy
    ardeedandy Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021
    Options

hi heather how are you now? I’m currently dealing with the same thing

• ctmbsikia
    ctmbsikia Member Posts: 752
    edited April 2021
    Options

ardeedandy

Heather and OP claudia have not been active here since 2017. Most likely they both got good news and stopped posting. You can start your own topic in the not diagnosed but worried section. There will be others that are active and will answer you.