We are 197,862 members in 81 forums discussing 145,395 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: IBC-lump in armpit

Topic: IBC-lump in armpit

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Jun 19, 2017 03:58PM

Tink123 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm 38 year old female.

Recently I found what I though was a boil under my arm, close to the side of my left breast.

I've been trying everything to get this boil to go away. It's been over a week now. No head on it. When I press on it, you can feel a lump, completely painless.

Today I notice my breast has a red rash covering about 1/4 of the top of my breast (inching towards what I thought was a boil). My breast and nipple area is super itchy.

Of course I've been googling and how I found this site.

Anyone else have this happen? Should I be worried and see a dr or am I just over reacting?

Thank you all

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 19, 2017 04:10PM MTwoman wrote:

Tink, any new or concerning changes to your breast should be seen by your doctor. I wouldn't necessarily be worried about IBC, as it extremely rare (making up something like 1-5 % of all breast cancer diagnoses). But if you've found a new lump and have an itchy breast, there is no harm in getting it checked out. Good luck!

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Jun 19, 2017 04:44PM Kicks wrote:

See a Dr for you skin issue and for possible enlarged lymph node. There are multiple possibilities/probabilities for either/both that have nothing to do with BC - especially IBC!

Some thing(s) is/are going on and does need to be addressed by a Dr(s) who do actually see you (and possibly order tests). No one here can tell (DX) what you might be dealing with.

Stay away from "Dr Quack Google"! Lots of bogus junk there.

IBC would be incredibly unlikely. Only between 1- 5 out of every 100 actually DX with any type of BC (DCIS, IDC, ILC, IBC) will be IBC A Dermatologist might be in order.

Dx 8/7/2009, IBC, Stage IIIC, 19/19 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/25/2009 AC Surgery 10/21/2009 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 11/11/2009 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/4/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)