Topic: Interpreting Mammograms: Architectural Distortion

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Aug 6, 2017 06:59AM

Posted on: Aug 6, 2017 06:59AM

djmammo wrote:

from the American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Boot Camp

(ligaments referred to are Cooper's Ligaments part of the support structure of normal breast tissue)

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. Contact me at DJMammo@gmail.com

Page 1 of 6 (58 results)

Aug 6, 2017 08:51AM mommakat wrote:

thanks DJ. Makes me feel good that I'm going for further evaluation

Aug 7, 2017 12:28PM MTwoman wrote:

Really helpful post, as ever. Thanks DJMammo!

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Aug 7, 2017 11:32PM HeartdesiresLife wrote:

Thank you very much Dr. djmammo for the informative video...for some reason I never thought about looking up breast cancer information on YouTube and it is chock-full of helpful videos.

Jul 23, 2018 10:07AM Youngweezer wrote:

Thank you very much for posting this educational video.

Nov 16, 2018 02:40PM moderators wrote:

TexasBelle06, we understand how scary this can feel. We tend to jump to the worst-case scenario.

Call-backs aren't unusual. It sounds like they are being thorough.

Take deep breaths, and distract yourself. And do let us know how things go.

Medicating

The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Dec 7, 2018 10:18AM djmammo wrote:

Here is a list of causes of architectural distortion both benign and malignant from a recent lecture I heard. They are listed in order of most common to least common causes.

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. Contact me at DJMammo@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2019 04:52PM jenney75 wrote:

thank you for this! I do have a question. I am scheduled for biopsy next week for something very similar. Mine is at 1:00 posterior. I did have a breast reduction 15 years ago. Is it still possible for the asymmetrical AD showing up to be scar tissue?

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2019 05:02AM djmammo wrote:

jenney75

It depends on whether or not its a new finding. If your current study was compared to a prior post-op study, and this finding is new, then it needs to be evaluated.

Also, in my experience the type of scarring present from reduction does usually not present as focal AD like a lumpectomy or other similar surgery.

Apr 11, 2019 08:26AM jenney75 wrote:

Thank you! Unfortunately they had nothing to compare it to. I just had my first mammogram a few weeks ago and that’s when it was discovered.

The radiologist didn’t seem too convinced it was scar tissue, but I think he was trying to alleviate my concern

Apr 11, 2019 09:41AM djmammo wrote:

Jenney75

If they did an US, can you post it here

Page 1 of 6 (58 results)

Scroll to top button