We are 196,599 members in 81 forums discussing 144,806 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: People who have had fibroadenomas please read!

Topic: People who have had fibroadenomas please read!

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Aug 11, 2017 09:33AM

HayzelNoot wrote:

I was wondering if you have had a fibroadenoma and if it was vascular (had blood flow) or not. I recently had surgery to remove a lump and now awaiting biopsy results. My doctor thinks it is either a fibroadenoma or a phyllodes tumour. But what made me curious was, is that when I had my ultrasound, I found out my lump had a blood supply and didn't think fibroadenoma's had blood supply. So if you have had a fibroadenoma please write if it had vascularity or not because I am curious to find out if most fibroadenoma's do. I am also asking here because it is quite hard to find a definitive answer elsewhere. Thanks for your cooperation:

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Aug 11, 2017 11:42AM - edited Aug 11, 2017 11:44AM by djmammo

Study re: fibroadenoma blood supply: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15293297

In this study blood flow was demonstrated in 24/29 (83%) of fibroadenomas. The diagnosis depends mostly on the overall shape of the mass and the appearance of its margins.

Do you have the US report with a description of the mass?

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Aug 12, 2017 03:37AM HayzelNoot wrote:

Yes, it is 1.19 x 0.79 x 1.11cm or 11.9 x 7.9 x 11.1mm

Extra info on vascularity (I think)

CF:

Frq- 7.5

Gn- 17.5-18.5

L/A- 3/8

PRF- 1.0

WF- 52

S/P- 2/16

AO%- 100%

Aug 12, 2017 06:30AM djmammo wrote:

Is there a physical description of the mass other than its size? Any refrence to its echogenicity, or appearance of its margins?

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Aug 12, 2017 09:03AM - edited Aug 12, 2017 10:17AM by HayzelNoot

it doesn't have a description on the US but I'd say it looks hypoechoic and circumscribed with microlobulations on different angles. Wider than tall and light is shown coming from underneath the lump.

Aug 12, 2017 04:06PM djmammo wrote:

"hypoechoic and circumscribed with microlobulations on different angles. Wider than tall "

are you in the health care field or are these terms you picked up via Google?

Aug 12, 2017 07:52PM HayzelNoot wrote:

I picked them up from Google šŸ˜…

My GP never actually gave me the report and I won't be seeing him again till a week or so. So I thought I'd might as well try to describe it from what I've seen, sothere is a possibility that my description isn't perfect.

I would like to show you my ultrasound, however this forum does not allow me :/

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)