Join Us

We are 217,478 members in 84 forums discussing 160,584 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Benign and Malignant Causes of Nipple Changes

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Aug 24, 2017 10:30AM

djmammo wrote:

For those of you who enjoy reading the more lengthy technical articles. This covers many topics related to nipple changes and includes embryology and normal anatomy. It is from the RSNA so it has some emphasis on imaging. It may touch on terms you find in your reports. It is fairly comprehensive.

Click Here

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. Contact me at DJMammo@gmail.com

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Aug 24, 2017 10:45AM MTwoman wrote:

That's great, DJMammo, thanks again!

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/20/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Sep 5, 2017 08:26AM - edited Sep 5, 2017 08:27AM by KittieV

djmammo this is great information. I was wondering if an U/S and mammogram do not find the cause of nipple retraction and antibiotics don't correct it should I push for more tests? Should antibiotics correct retraction if the cause is mastitis or periductal mastitis or could it be like this forever due to scarred tissue from infection?

Thanks for your input ☺

Sep 5, 2017 10:19PM djmammo wrote:

An MRI would be helpful at this point.

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. Contact me at DJMammo@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2017 03:50PM - edited Sep 30, 2017 03:50PM by Rerun2017

I had a benign biopsy and five months later I have bloody nipple discharge, pain, itchy and dimpling. I was wondering if I could have cancer and they didn't find it with the biopsy

Michelle mlakar

Sep 30, 2017 04:09PM djmammo wrote:

Rerun2017

It is possible though unlikely if the path report was concordant.. You need to have follow up imaging mammogram and ultrasound and possibly ductography for the bloody discharge.

May 1, 2018 02:43PM Taralynn8869 wrote:

Confused. ..on a comparison mammogram from last year where something was seen. ( a swollen lump and something else) but all further testing was postponed when my doctor broke both his feet and his fingers and became so high on pain meds I no longer felt comfortable with him treating me . he led me to believe it wasn't a big deal since no test were actually ordered after the breast ultrasound following the mammogram that showed cyst on the left breast in a cluster and a swollen lymph in the right which I never recieved results for, but no news is good news right. So why look for the worse like he said from the beginning. A year later on a comparison mammogram,( new doctor) I recieved a call back in and was told they saw subareolar focal asymmetry. And someting about inversion nipple on right breast.. My doctor said she takes this very seriously, and saud she wouldnt even waste the time ordering more test she was sending me straight to a breast surgeon 2 hours away...( I also had complete labs and all was good except I'm vitamin d defecient. My cbc would be off if something was wrong, right? )The surgeon called today to make the apt for 2 weeks from now... So I had a mini break down at the word surgeon and her reaction. Then I pulled my big girl panties up and said I'm not dealing with this today. I'm not driving myself crazy for 2 weeks.. Idk if I shoud be concerned or not.. I sat my oldest daughter and best friend down to tell them but what am I telling them?? Idk whats going on. Any help??

Apr 16, 2019 01:30PM Bulbous12 wrote:

Sometimes my right nipple moves to the right when I wear a bra but soon rectifies itself when I take my bra off? Other times the nipple just sits in the middle of the breast as per normal. Any ideas??

Apr 16, 2019 02:36PM djmammo wrote:

Bulbous12

Do you have any reports of imaging you can post?

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)