We are 197,863 members in 81 forums discussing 145,396 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Not Diagnosed but Worried → Topic: Nipple discharge help!!

Topic: Nipple discharge help!!

Forum: Not Diagnosed but Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Dec 5, 2017 06:42PM

AmbMcC wrote:

so I have swollen lymph nodes in my jaw. I just had an ultrasound to confirm.

My doctor told me it might just be a virus because my blood cell count and monocytes are high.

I am also having a feeling of “letdown” like when you are breastfeeding a baby.

Today I squeezed my left breast and clear liquid came out.

I’ve called my doctor but who knows when she’ll get back to me.

I am freaking out :(

I’m a 26 year old mother of two...

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Dec 6, 2017 10:23AM cive wrote:

The chances of this being anything other than a benign condition is very small (maybe 5%) especially because of your age.  But none of us here would be able to diagnose exactly what is causing it so you'll just have to wait for your doctor.  I know waiting sucks..

Medicating

Dec 6, 2017 10:27AM MTwoman wrote:

I agree with cive. Please do just try to breathe and not jump to the most awful conclusions. Talk to your doctor first and then just continue to follow up until you are confident that your situation is fully understood.

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Dec 6, 2017 03:47PM NSwrites wrote:

Hi!

Clear or white nipple discharge, from my understanding, is rarely cause for panic. But good that you are going to get it checked out!

Factors like your menstrual cycle and any medications you are taking can influence your breasts. Personally, I have always had discharge similar to breast milk at fertile points in my cycle when not on birth control, ever since having babies. Kind of like the milk just never quite went away!

But I feel your fear and I get it. I have tests tomorrow on my right breast because I have blackish discharge coming out of my nipple. My doctor said now THAT'S cause for concern. Lol. Thanks, Doc. ;-)

I'm with you, no matter what way it goes!

Dec 6, 2017 04:34PM AmbMcC wrote:

thank you everyone :)

I’m trying so hard not to panic...

I got blood taken again yesterday and they said my blood count is back to normal.

They also said they would check for prolactin?

But no news in that yet.

The burning feeling in my breast and collarbone is starting to really bother me. Each day a little bit more of my body hurts.

Today under my ribs and my back are sore.

Dec 7, 2017 05:46AM djmammo wrote:

AmbMcC

info on nipple discharge here

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Dec 7, 2017 07:24AM windingshores wrote:

I had clear or milky discharge for decades, before kids as well as after having kids.  I did have it biopsied once, not because I was nervous but the MD wanted to make sure.

A few years ago I did have blackish or dark greenish discharge and I wish I had had it checked out because I might have found my cancer earlier.

Your clear discharge is most likely absolutely fine (and after having kids, even more likely to be fine). Really, I wouldn't worry about this. And checking it out will be reassuring.

Dx 2/2015, DCIS/ILC/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy: Right Surgery Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Hormonal Therapy

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)