We are 217,545 members in 81 forums discussing 154,231 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: waiting...worrying...waiting...worrying

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Jun 5, 2018 02:38PM - edited Jun 5, 2018 02:42PM by kangcongrl

kangcongrl wrote:

I like to think I'm the kind of person that doesn't worry to much about things beyond my control... my mother has always had a lot of health issues and I always repeat" don't worry, don't put the added stress on yourself"  and here I am waiting and worrying.

on 5/29/18 I went for a  3D mammogram screening and received the call back, they scheduled me for the next day to come in, but my doctors office was closed and they could not get the referral letter and rescheduled me for 6/7, so I impatiently waited the weekend and now I only have one more day to go, but it is driving me nuts.

44 year female   my report reads that I have heterogeneously dense breast 

under findings: the left cc view there is a rounded asymmetry with associated architectural distortion in the posterior left breast. it is suspected that this corresponds to an area of asymmetry at approximately the 3 o'clock position. recommend spot compression tomographic images and ultrasound is necessary. no other suspicious mass or microcalcification are identified in either breast.

I'm a little nervous because I have a pretty good sized indentation (about the size of a half dollar now) that appears when I raise or move my arm in a forward motion. I didn't mention the indent to my new doc or mammo tech because I was told by family doc once it looked like it could be cellulite, so I figured since I'm older and have a couple pounds on me since then that that is the reason why it looks bigger because I am... but now I'm starting to think the indent has something to do with this architectural distortion... am I just reading to much google... should I be a little nervous...am I crazy.... arrrr. I guess I need reassurance, I know the chances of BC are slim so why these emotions? Anyway, I guess I just needed to tell someone

thanks for letting me share.

Page 3 of 3 (69 results)

Posts 61 - 69 (69 total)

Jul 7, 2018 08:25AM djmammo wrote:

kangcongrl

Any results yet?

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Jul 7, 2018 02:46PM Cathy1975 wrote:

My results are Tuesday at 2 pm fingers crossed

Cathy Dx Right

Jul 7, 2018 09:15PM Cathy1975 wrote:

Update on me. Blood pressure is just about stable 99/68 temp is 99 I'm still really tired tho. Also I got my divorce packet put in the mail today. My husband has been calling and texting but no I'm sry, I'm an ass, forgive me... Nothing!! Just do you want me to come home tonight? No I don't want you to come home, you walked out on me at a very scary time in my life. That shows my I can't count on you. Esp. in a time like this.then I get another text saying can I come home and make love to my wife? I don't have to stay the night or anything? Wtf??? No!!! Why is he playing with my emotions like this? I love him with all of me but I don't feel as though I can depend on him to be here emotionally for me. If I let him come home, how long is it going to be before he gets pissy and leaves again? I thought the point of being married is to be committed to one person, be by thier side through thick and thin, sickness and in health. To be my rock and visa versa. Security, stability and love. Am I wrong????

Cathy Dx Right

Jul 7, 2018 09:20PM moth wrote:

Cathy, I'd suggest both of you not make any quick decisions. This is a stressful time for everyone. You're not wrong but I also think you might be underestimating how terrifying it is for caregivers to find themselves so helpless and worried. We all can react inappropriately when faced with something so scary. Slow down, go to counselling together and individually and take baby steps. I don't think it's reasonable to necessarily expect a partner to always be there, to not be affected, to not want to run away screaming in tears. It's their battle too - be gentle with each other and the mistakes you'll both make.

best wishes

Dx at 50; Left, IDC, 1.7 cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, very weakly ER+, being treated as TNBC Surgery 12/12/2017 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 2/14/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/13/2018 Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 7, 2018 09:46PM Cathy1975 wrote:

Thank you Moth,

I'm very scared an I feel alone even when he's here. He says the wrong things at the worst times. I don't expect him to know everything, I don't. I just want him to understand my fears and try to keep me calm. Instead he starts an argument with me so he can leave and then say it's all my fault he left, when he starts the argument. He's a good man but this is his first marriage and hadn't a clue what he's doing. I just want to feel loved not ignored. And he is a very arrogant man. He thinks he Knows everything about everything and noone can tell him different. I bite my tongue all the time cause not everything needs to be an argument. I pray once I get a diagnosis things will change.. it's just makes my worry that if it's this easy for him to walk away during the waiting period, is he going to be there for me if it is cancer?

Cathy Dx Right

Jul 9, 2018 12:25PM Cathy1975 wrote:

Very nervous and going out of my mind today lbvvs. My appointment is tomorrow at 2. Pathology report for my biopsies. Mad, nervous,scared,sad,so many emotions!!! I called surgeon's office this morning and they said Dr has my report and she will go over everything with me in person and I can have a copy of the report when we are done.

Cathy Dx Right

Jul 9, 2018 11:33PM nonomimi5 wrote:

Cathy. Sending prayers your way. Good luc

Dx 3/23/2018, DCIS/IDC/IDC: Tubular, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 4/30/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 5/29/2018 Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jul 10, 2018 11:42AM Cathy1975 wrote:

Thank you so much

Cathy Dx Right

Jul 23, 2018 11:14PM Cathy1975 wrote:

Hello everyone

I had the excisional biopsy done today. Feeling sick and very sore

My freaking ice pack busted so had to take the gauze off ugh.

Dr cut me along the areola , stitches, glue and steri strips.

Cathy Dx Right

Page 3 of 3 (69 results)