Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Indentation on aerola

Options
Spedteacher33
Spedteacher33 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2019 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Two days ago I notice a small indentation on my aerola on the left breast. Last summer I had normal bi-rad 2 results on my mammogram and sonogram. I take Estradiol 1 mg daily for surgical menopause. I have noticed some pain in the nipple, but I figured it was due to the estrogen I am taking. I have never heard of indentations on the areola, so I was wondering if this is a normal problem woman face during menopause.

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,911
    Options

Dear Spedteacher33,

Welcome to the community. We are sorry about these recent breast changes but glad that you reached out here for some support. Most here will say that it makes sense to consult with your physician for any breast change to insure your breast health and peace of mind. You can do a search on the blue tool bar for "indentation aerola". Be sure to use the quotes. Such a search might reveal others with this issue who have posted about it. One caution is that sometimes people post on non cancer related findings that turn out to be benign and we don't necessarily hear back as to the conclusion. So don't be alarmed if that is the case. Let us know if we can be of help. The Mods

• Mandyhiero
    Mandyhiero Member Posts: 2
    Options

I have an indentation on my areola right around 6-7 o clock position. I found it last October (2017) and had mammogram and ultrasound that were both normal. Saw the breast surgeon who blames lazy ligaments. The size hasn’t changed in the past year, so I’m going with that being a good sign.

Praying the reason for yours is a benign result!

• Spedteacher33
    Options

I am thinking that could be the problem too. I am very surprised it is on my smaller breast. Did you indentation look like it was changing colors. The middle of my indentation looks like skin and the aerola has been erased. It almost looks like someone did surgery on my breast. Thanks for answering my question and hopefully I will find out something soon. I am sure my doctors will just tell me no worries. This poor breast is just my demon child and it has a couple non-cancerous lumps and microcalifications.

Loopy Thanks again!

• Mandyhiero
    Mandyhiero Member Posts: 2
    Options

No color change. It actually looks normal other than the “dent”. Mine is only when I raise my arm too. I can’t see it any other time.

• Spedteacher33
    Options

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while. I went to the doctor and she sent me to a horrible imaging place that made me feel like an idiot. The tech told me she didn't see any lump on the mammogram and the sonogram was negative too, so I guess all is good. I am still having pain in the nipple, and I figure that is from Estradiol. My intention is still there, but I guess its ok.

• Klairey-1955
    Klairey-1955 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hello, had a lumpectomy 11/2017. Went for a mammogram this past November, it was clear. Now I have noticed a small indentation on the other breast. Should I be concerned since that is the only symptom