We are 218,616 members in 81 forums discussing 154,833 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Age 32 and Large mass in right breast

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Feb 9, 2019 09:18PM

Motheroftwo36 wrote:

I recently felt lumps in my right breast and didn’t think much of it. After reading online that at my age common cysts are due to hormones but usually on both breasts I started to be concerned. I scheduled an appointment to my Obgyn and really didn’t think much of it. I expected her to tell me that it felt like a cyst and just watch it and I go on my merry way. My appointment was last Thursday so it’s only been 2 days. Seeing her face when she felt the lumps didn’t make things better. She didn’t say anything positive and then said she wants me to get a mammogram and ultrasound. When sitting with the nurse who was scheduling the tests, she told them no that this is needed as soon as possible. That is really what started to make me worry. So now I’m playing doctor google and it’s really upsetting me. The lumps are on the right upper side. I thought they were multiple individual lumps but now that I’m paying more attention it feels like one huge lump that’s starts at nipple and extends to armpit. Id say it’s 2” wide and 3” long. Bumpy throughout. Slightly tender near my nipple. No obvious inflammation, redness, dimpling or leakage.

My appointment is Monday so thankfully I don’t have to wait long but I’d love to hear some assurance that this type of thing could easily be benign. Dr google is making me believe otherwise. I’m 32 and it doesn’t run in the family. What could this thing be?? I have two very young children and I can think about is them

Dx 2/5/2019, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 4/17/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 3 (64 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (64 total)

Feb 9, 2019 09:51PM Lolipava wrote:

Sorry you are in this situation. I can’t speak to your situation, but can say I was sent for a very immediate ultrasound and biopsy which turned out to be a very large cyst that 5hey monitor annually. Don’t worry until you have to.

Feb 9, 2019 10:02PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

thank u that does make me feel better. Hoping it is the same.

Dx 2/5/2019, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+ Surgery 4/17/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 9, 2019 10:05PM Bootscootin wrote:

Agree completely with what Lolipava wrote. I know easier said than done but try not to worry. Do fun things with your kids to take your mind off that lump. At your age it is so much more likely to be something benign. Please let us know how things work out though and if you need a place to talk or even vent we are here.

Dx 2/9/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Chemotherapy 2/19/2015 AC + T (Taxotere) Targeted Therapy 5/13/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 5/14/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Surgery 8/17/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/28/2015 Whole-breast Hormonal Therapy 12/1/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 10, 2019 06:27AM leftduetostupidmods wrote:

It can be a ton of various benign things. One of my childhood friends went through something like you describe in her late twenties, had surgery to get the thing excised and it was... fat. just an awkward shaped lipoma.

please keep us updated when you get the results of your tests.

left this forum this time for good due to how stupid moderators are

Feb 10, 2019 07:31AM KerLyn wrote:

I agree with all the other ladies posting replies.....you don't know what you don't know. WIth that said....girl, we've been where you are. It is not easy waiting for a test and then waiting for those results. It sucks. I read the word "scanxiety" on this site a few weeks ago, and I was like "THAT IS PERFECT". Here's what I have learned too......I am a worrier, I lose sleep over big and small things, and it has gotten me nowhere. The results don't come faster, and I'm super sleepy and cranky, I'm getting better about it, but its not easy! First step in solving the problem is admitting you have one, right?? Enjoy your babies! Keep your body and mind as busy as possible all day so that you are so worn out at night that you sleep like a champ. You WILL get through this, I promise. This site has been a God send for me. A wealth of information, and incredible support from the community. Keep us posted!

Dx 11/16/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/30/2018 Radiation Therapy 1/7/2019 Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 10, 2019 08:21AM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

thanks everyone! I do feel better and it’s great advice to just play with my kiddos today. W are all getting over some virus too so we can’t do much anyway. The doctor mentioning “doing something about it” regardless of results. ( this was before she even felt it) she said it could just take away breast tissue. If this thing is removed I’ll seriously only have half a boob. I have small boobs and this thing takes up like a third of it . Hoping tomorrow they can tell it’s something benign and we can just leave it there. Or it’ll go away on its own? Hopeful thinking I know. Thanks again ladies, it helps to just get it out. Enjoy your Sunday

Feb 10, 2019 02:13PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

so my husband told his manager today that he needed a few hours off so he could go with me to my appointment. His manager first told him that he has more excuses than a women and then said that’s it’s probably a clogged milk duct and told him to squeeze those mother fuckers. I’m sooo outraged. How can someone be so insensitive?? This guy thinks that childcare is 100% a woman’s job. My husband barely takes off. We both work full time jobs. Comments like this make me want to crawl in a hole and cry.

Feb 10, 2019 02:34PM KerLyn wrote:

uuummmmmm.......your husband's boss is an asshole. Does your husbands boss have a boss? Sounds like something that might be of interest to a higher up.....and here's hoping THAT person is a woman???

Dx 11/16/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 11/30/2018 Radiation Therapy 1/7/2019 Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 10, 2019 03:03PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

he works in a very very small clinic. The only one above the manager is the doctor who has requested he doesn’t get involved in personnel issues. The manager is fairly new and has no place to be in medical field. He’s often found drinking on the job and he’s very inappropriate

Feb 10, 2019 07:01PM AliceBastable wrote:

Motheroftwo36, I had a large lipoma on my neck, just under my chin. For some reason my PCP couldn't figure it out, so he sent me to an endocrinologist, who couldn't figure it out. So, I just let it keep growing. Finally, my new PCP (who also didn't know what it was) sent me to an ear-nose-throat guy, who walked into the consulting room and said "That's some lipoma you've got there!" He scheduled surgery to remove it, and it was about the size of a large egg, a bit longer at 7 cm. And here I thought I had something rare and scary! It was just in an odd place for a lipoma, but they can happen anywhere.

Endometrial cancer 2010, basal cell multiples, breast cancer 2018, kidney cancer 2018. Cancer's a bitch, but I'm a bigger one with more practice. Dx 5/2018, ILC/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 8/8/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 10, 2019 08:16PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

AliceBastable, wow what a scary thing to happen. I feel like it could be likely that I have some large lipoma too. Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully tomorrow I know more

Feb 10, 2019 11:43PM leftduetostupidmods wrote:

Maybe you can do fat grafting down the road to regain symmetry. They're starting to do wonders with that technique.

Feb 11, 2019 06:00AM KerLyn wrote:

Just wanted to pop in and tell you I'll be thinking about you today! Keep us all posted on what the dr says....we all learn from each other!

Feb 11, 2019 06:08AM Salamandra wrote:

Motheroftwo,

That makes me furious! 'more excuses than a woman' - that is pure misogyny. UGH

There may not be much your husband can do about it but he should write down what he remembers of the interaction, with the date noted and as many 'quotes' as he can be confident of remembering. It may some day be useful - either to protect himself from retaliation or to support a coworker who sues for discrimination.

Dx at 39. 1.8cm. Oncotype 9. Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 10/18/2018 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 12/3/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 11, 2019 11:14AM cecyc wrote:

Sending positive thoughts your way this morning!

Feb 11, 2019 11:37AM Dani444 wrote:

just here to say I was thinking of you as well today. Hope your appointment goes well. Let us know what they say.

Also, sorry your husband has an ass for a manager. He sounds like a disgusting human. Maybe when he is seen drinking on the job a little phone call to the police to report an impaired driver should be made when he leaves work.

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 11, 2019 01:02PM - edited Feb 11, 2019 01:20PM by Motheroftwo36

thanks for all the positive thoughts and concern. It means a lot their is a community out there that is so compassionate

So, i had my mammogram and ultrasound. The tech told me the radiologist would review and she would tell me results shortly. Well she came back and told me that the he wants to send results to my doctor and he wants her to give me the results. This is concerning to me, what do y'all think?

Feb 11, 2019 01:15PM Dani444 wrote:

I can see where that would make you concerned. That is a bit frustrating, can you call your doctor and let her know how anxious you are for the results? Maybe she would be willing to give you the results over the phone. Did the imaging center clarify how long it would take to dictate and send the result? After my Mammo and US it was the tech that came in to tell me the radiologist wanted a biopsy, and of course that is all she could tell me. I then called my OB to upload it to my online patient portal, but that took a few days if I remember correctly.

DX @ 46, premenopausal, mammaprint low risk Dx 8/21/2018, LCIS/ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 10/25/2018 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 12/6/2018 Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 11, 2019 01:19PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

I called but to talk to nurse you have to leave a voicemail, so who knows when that will be checked. Was your biopsy taken same day or was it scheduled? Tech made it sound like they were sending report shortly and that doctor would be able to give results over the phone.

I do like your idea of calling cops next time he drinks

Feb 11, 2019 01:43PM Dani444 wrote:

My biopsy was scheduled, they had an imaging navigator that set the appointment up for me. She is also the one that called me with the initial biopsy report. I hope you get answers soon, I know how hard the waiting is. Sending good thoughts for good results!

Feb 11, 2019 02:49PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

so nurse called and scheduled a biopsy. She said report didn’t have much details. Something about calcifications and lymph node. I’m going to pick up my report later today.

Feb 11, 2019 04:01PM - edited Feb 11, 2019 07:02PM by Motheroftwo36

This Post was deleted by Motheroftwo36.

Feb 11, 2019 04:12PM KerLyn wrote:

So here's how it went for me......minutes after my mammogram and ultrasound, the doctor at the mammogram center said "I'd like to biposy this, I'm going to send your doctor a note, she needs to approve the biopsy, it takes a few hours to get from me to the doctor and then to get the approval" From THERE, I got a call later that same day that from my doctor saying it was approved. AND THEN, I called and scheduled the biopsy. That was all on a Thursday, the biopsy was the next Tuesday.....Then, the biopsy results take about 2-3 days to get back from pathology. 80% are nothing. So...the numbers are in your favor big time! The waiting SSSUUUUUCCCKKKKKKSSSSS though....not gonna lie.

Feb 11, 2019 04:16PM KerLyn wrote:

I said "doctor" several times without saying WHICH doctor....it was my primary doctor that needed to approve the biopsy. The doctor at the mammogram center did the biopsy though. I hope that made sense..

Feb 11, 2019 07:05PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

so I went and picked up my report since no one was giving me any information. The reports are way less scary than my imagination! No cysts or solid mass found. Normal lymph nodes. Lots of calcifications though that appear benign in mammogram but suspicious on ultrasound.

I don’t know why that wasn’t explained to me! Makes me angry! But I’m relieved that it doesn’t sound that bad.

Feb 11, 2019 07:10PM - edited Feb 11, 2019 07:11PM by santabarbarian

I do not know if it differs state by state but in CA there is a law that they need to report your results to you. My center has several MDs on staff so there is someone qualified to report results in the place (not just techs). But you have to ask!

Re alcohol, it's carcinogenic. I gave it up totally during treatment. My thinking was it's bad for me AND my poor little liver is detoxifying so much poison from the chemo that I didn't want to make it any harder....

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Feb 11, 2019 07:45PM leftduetostupidmods wrote:

Sorry I'm late to chime in, but generally speaking, if it's BiRads 4c or 5, they tell you right away something along the line of "we need to schedule an emergency biopsy, we'll contact your dr. to put it through with the insurance, is x day good for you?". The fact that they let the dr. tell you was in fact a good sign, as stressful as it may have been for you. Your BiRads was probably 4a or 4b.

Feb 12, 2019 06:49AM KerLyn wrote:

I'm so happy you feel better!!! Keep us updated as things progress, I love good news!!

Feb 18, 2019 08:10PM Motheroftwo36 wrote:

so I thought today I was having a biopsy. It’s been 7 days since my mammogram and ultrasound. I got to doctor who examined me and then said she recommended a biopsy. I was like, yeah well that’s why I’m here! And she said no that she has to schedule it. I broke down because I thought I was almost done and would get answers. She scheduled my biopsy for this coming Thursday and then calls me once I get home and has a conflict so she pushed it even further to the next week on Wednesday!! I’m so mad at this process! Why should it take a month to find out? Why are there so many steps and nothing can be done together?? Why does it take a radiologist, my OB and a surgeon to all recommend a biopsy before I can schedule it?? Gosh im frustrated!

So from the exam she told me that the mass I can feel, the nipple discharge and the calcifications are all unrelated! I find it so hard to believe that the lumps aren’t related when the calcifications are in same spot! I said well when I push this lump, fluid comes out and she just said it’s normal. This is not normal!! I’m so confused. She said the mass feels like fibrocystic disease but she couldn’t say for sure what it is.She is only concerned with the micro calcifications and the pattern of them. I just don’t see how this can be unrelated with such a big coincidence.

Feb 18, 2019 09:31PM santabarbarian wrote:

How frustrating! I would be so pissed. Can you change doctors? Can you get a biopsy at an imaging center? It's ridiculous to have to face these waits when a core biopsy takes about 20 mins!!

pCR after neoadjuvant chemo Dx 7/13/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Chemotherapy 8/12/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 12/27/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 2/11/2019 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 3 (64 results)