We are 216,360 members in 81 forums discussing 153,644 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Pagets?

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Feb 11, 2019 10:53AM

Ssl9281 wrote:

I’m having a biopsy Wednesday due to one nipple peeling, the nipple surface being bumpy, and feeling irritated for the past 6 months. I’m wondering if anyone who has pagets can tell me if their nipple felt irritated. It does not burn, it just feels irritated, especially when I sleep at night and do not wear a bra. I’m terrified it’s pagets and the dr really doesn’t think a biopsy is necessary but I need answers. The skin is not broken. There is a small skin colored “lesion”/bumpy area on the surface of the nipple which is what will hurt when it’s irritated. Switching to the allergy detergent seems to have helped a lot with the peeling. The bumpy surface almost reassures me a little bit that it’s just some weird skin issue but I don’t know..I’m only 37. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Feb 11, 2019 11:44AM MBPooch wrote:

Ssl9281 - Your symptoms sound similar to mine. I never had any broken skin, itching or oozing. My nipple though was very irritated. If you haven't already, try an over the counter cortisone cream. I tried that for about a week with no change, dermatologist insisted I try a prescription cream but that didn't work either. Punch biopsy finally confirmed so that's great you're getting that done! I was 45 at time of diagnosis and had been having symptoms for about 5 months. Good luck with your biopsy and keep us posted!

Feb 11, 2019 12:00PM Ssl9281 wrote:

The crazy thing is, the nipple looks pretty much normal. This is very frustrating and scary. I’m not ready for what happens if it comes back positive but I’m already 100% on a double mastectomy.

Feb 11, 2019 12:02PM Ssl9281 wrote:

Did you have any underlying cancer with your pagets diagnosis? Or any palpable masses

Feb 11, 2019 04:30PM MBPooch wrote:

Ssl9281 - The day after my diagnosis I had an appt with both the dermatologist and oncologist. They were both shocked it came back positive as my nipple looked perfectly normal. Honestly the only change was the periodic peeling and I felt like it was always a little more erect and sensitive than the other one. I did have 17mm of DCIS underneath that didn't show up on the mammogram or ultra-sound, only on an MRI.

Feb 13, 2019 10:04AM Ssl9281 wrote:

I just saw the surgeon again and no biopsy was done because she insists there is nothing to biopsy. I told her my nipple & areola are very easily irritated by any friction, that my breast hurts & gets red for no reason & that I have pain under the same arm. She insists it’s nothing but skin irritation and to sleep in a bra. She also told me to see another surgeon and that an mri won’t be covered. This nipple is more pink than the other, has a crack & small bumps on it but she insists it’s fine. I can’t deal with this anymore..

Feb 13, 2019 03:12PM MBPooch wrote:

Ssl9281- I'm sorry, that's so frustrating. Have you tried an over the counter cortisone to see if that provides any relief? I would also suggest going to a dermatologist. That's who my gynecologist referred me to when my mammogram came back negative and my issues still persisted. It was the dermatologist that did the punch biopsy.

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)