Join Us

We are 217,533 members in 84 forums discussing 160,617 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Biopsy scheduled - questions

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Nov 30, 2019 09:33PM

Nvrachel19 wrote:

Hi everyone. I went to the breast specialist like I mentioned in my last post. She said since the ultrasound and mammogram show nothing, the only way to tell what my lump is would be vacuum assisted biopsy. It’s scheduled for next week. I’m very hesitant and worried about it.

I’m very slow to heal due to other health issues, how long would it be until I am back to normal (exercising, skiing, etc)? Is there lasting pain?

Also, if my ultrasound didn’t show anything two different times, how can they use an ultrasound to guide the needle?

I guess I’m just struggling with cutting into my body when there isn’t a “ton” of evidence to warrant it. I know it will give me a 100% answer, which is nice since I do have a lump. I just feel like maybe there’s another way? Maybe not.

Lastly, has anyone told them to not put a clip in? I really don’t want metal in my body if it is somewhat optional.

Hope this doesn’t sound too clueless! Thanks.


Log in to post a reply

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)

Posts 31 - 36 (36 total)

Log in to post a reply

Dec 3, 2019 10:06PM Nvrachel19 wrote:

thank you so much, I wasn’t aware of his relation to the exams. That helps so much. I don’t like how this office just says they will discuss more details when I get there. Why can’t they tell me now? I have been dealing with this for so long my anxiety is definitely affecting my health at this point. Just want it over, but it sounds like I’ll be waiting a few months to visit another doctor. I really appreciate everyone’s input.

Log in to post a reply

Dec 4, 2019 01:19AM MinusTwo wrote:

nvrachael - I've read carefully read through this thread. Sounds to me like every single person is telling you the details are suspect and to cancel. Of course you'll have to make up your own mind, but how will you evaluate suspect data if you go ahead? And why waste the money?

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014
Log in to post a reply

Dec 5, 2019 09:33AM - edited Dec 5, 2019 09:35AM by AnnaKC

Waiting for a second opinion is stressful but I think everyone here is right to point you in that direction. In October, my local hospital did a mammogram and ultrasound after I found palpable mass. Mammo showed an area of concern but then neither US tech nor radiologist could locate that area seen on mammo, which is different than palpable lump. I was given a BIRADS 3 report with 6 month follow up. The radiologist was rather flip about it all, and it was one of the most poorly written reports I've ever read. So I contacted my primary care doc who's at a major hospital (I have other health issues). He referred me to a breast specialist at the breast cancer center. Their radiologist looked over my films and reports from past 5 years and asked for new tests. I went there last Friday for mammo & US. Completely different experience altogether! Caring and very thorough. Radiologist has me scheduled for US guided core needle biopsy of the mass seen on that initial mammo. This hospital US tech and radiologist could not only locate it, but explained why it needs biopsy. PLEASE get the second opinion

Log in to post a reply

Dec 5, 2019 01:27PM - edited Dec 5, 2019 01:28PM by Yogatyme

I certainly agree w Beesie re: MRI. My bc never showed up on mammogram and Ultrasound was inconclusive and radiologist indicated that were it not for me being BRCA1+, she would have sent me on my way. However, she ordered biopsy and sure enough, I had bc.

Yogatyme Surgery 3/2/2019 Prophylactic ovary removal Dx 7/19/2019, IDC: Papillary, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/12/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right
Log in to post a reply

Dec 5, 2019 04:37PM Nvrachel19 wrote:

Called and canceled the biopsy for Saturday. The nurse said that doctor only does biopsies one day a month, yikes? Anyway, she said if I prefer they can refer me to the big radiology lab in town, which is great. I’m still going to see my gyno Tuesday about an MRI. Thanks everyone for the advice!

Log in to post a reply

Dec 6, 2019 05:49AM djmammo wrote:

Nvrachel19

ThumbsUp

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. Contact me at DJMammo@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 (36 results)