We are 225,717 members in 82 forums discussing 158,420 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: A 3cm lymph node in Axilla but clear mammogram

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Meet others worried about developing breast cancer for the first time. PLEASE DO NOT POST PICTURES OF YOUR SYMPTOMS. Comparing notes, symptoms, or characteristics is not helpful here, as only medical professionals can accurately evaluate and assess your individual situation.

Posted on: Dec 1, 2019 11:55AM - edited Dec 1, 2019 11:56AM by MadisonsMomma

MadisonsMomma wrote:

I had to go in and have a follow up u/s last week and I have a biopsy scheduled this week. Just one lymph node found on the right side near my under arm. They haven't released my exact results on my electronic chart yet but something about 3cm and fatty hilum. I was so upset I don't remember. Anyway I had a broken leg this past year and that developed into a Submassive PE that nearly killed me and my inflammation has been off the charts because I developed several issues after that. I have googled myself into a panic. Why one lymph node and what kind of cancer could it be if there is no mass or tumors visible to the touch or on the mammogram. So scared, thanks for letting me get it out.

edited to add my I’m 44 and this was my first Mammogram. I know I’m behind but I have no family history and all that but still

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Dec 1, 2019 12:46PM djmammo wrote:

MadisonsMomma

Stop Googling and read this: https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/83/topics/860167?page=4#idx_102

Lymph nodes enlarge for many many reasons other than cancer.

Post your US report.

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Dec 5, 2019 01:29PM MadisonsMomma wrote:

I had my biopsy yesterday. They called today and said it’s not breast cancer but they are sending it off to be checked for other types of cancers which they say takes a few extra days. Is that normal? I am still waiting for them to release my medical chart info. So the waiting continues.

Dec 6, 2019 04:52AM djmammo wrote:

MadisonsMomma

Have they asked you to have any blood tests?

Is that the only enlarged node? Same side? Other side? Elsewhere in the body?

Board Certified Diagnostic Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging helping members understand their health care provider's reports and recommendations.

Dec 6, 2019 05:02AM MadisonsMomma wrote:

They haven’t asked for any blood tests but I get blood work done all the time for a few chronic conditions, namely Chronic Veinous issues and recovery from a Pulmonary Embolism for a Coumadin clinic. So blood panels, CBC and all that is done on the regular. That is the only lymph node found on the Mammogram and U/S: They compared my mammo to a contrast body CT and didn’t see the lymph node from October 19. I had a CT on my Chest area and they also scanned my lower body and iliac veins for May Thurner syndrome and while they weren’t looking for cancer then, they told me they didn’t see anything remarkable. Just one lymph node on the right side in the Axilla area found during the mamThanks so much for your reply.

Dec 6, 2019 05:12AM djmammo wrote:

MadisonsMomma

The most common non-breast related diseases I've personally seen on mammo, is lymphoma but then it's all the nodes on both sides, and fairly striking in appearance. A normal white count and a neg CT makes that extremely unlikely.

Post the path report if you can when its available.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)