Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Purple around both areola, plus goosebumps?

Options
LadyOakTree
LadyOakTree Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I noticed today that the skin around both of my areolas was faintly purple. Not quite like a bruise, just a faint purple. I have also noticed that I get goosebumps very frequently on my breasts, however they point 'out' rather than dimple my skin, and though there are a few spots around my areola that are always there, they only seem to appear when cold.

I know I must sound like the biggest worry wart ever - but my mother passed from cancer and I only recently got over a health scare regarding ovarian cancer. I tried googling 'purple around areolas' and variations of that and most of what came up was IBC - but most links only mentioned reddening of the skin etc. I'm really just looking for opinions or thoughts on whether or not this could be something concerning. I will likely go to my doctor regardless and discuss if the purplish color persists.

Comments

• Ataraneh24
    Ataraneh24 Member Posts: 10
    edited January 2020
    Options

mine turn purple sometimes. They change though depending on the situation. I’ve read it can be Raynauds syndrome. People usually get that in their fingers. I don’t tho but my lips do sometimes. Always have. If it’s happening with goosebumps might be worth looking into. I’ve read a lot about Paget’s nipple which can be presented as nipple discoloring but my doc told me one nipple will look different and there would be a patch of different skin. Check with your doctor though because only they will know what’s up.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,081
    edited January 2020
    Options

Lady - don't google. Just go see your GYN.

• LadyOakTree
    LadyOakTree Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2020
    Options

There is Reynauds in my family - but it isnt only when I'm cold. Honestly the goosebumps and this faint purple is stressing me out. I am booking an appointment for next week to get it checked. It's also weird that the coloration is perfectly around BOTH of my areolas - it isn't affecting the nipples/areolas themselves at all.

• Frodolove
    Frodolove Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2020
    Options

hi there, did you figure out what it was?