Join Us

We are 220,251 members in 84 forums discussing 161,853 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Qs on my recent MRI Core Needle Biopsy

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Breast cancer symptoms vary widely. According to the American Cancer Society, in addition to a lump, breast cancer symptoms can include swelling, skin irritation, dimpling, breast pain, changes to the nipple, thickening of the breast skin, or unusual nipple discharge. Still, some breast cancers cause no symptoms at all.

Note: Please do not post pictures of your symptoms. It's important to have anything unusual checked by your doctor.

Learn more about breast cancer symptoms and diagnosis. Check out our slideshows on testing anxiety, mammograms, and more.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Feb 21, 2021 11:23PM

JSB93 wrote:

Hi, I had bilateral Core needle biopsies on February 10. They were UDH which is good. I just have a few follow up questions on biopsy recovery which I hope you can help me with.

How long does it take for the very large hard lumps left behind from the biopsy to go away? Is it 6 weeks, 3 months, different for all of us?

How long are you supposed to keep wearing your bra to bed? It’s really annoying.

Originally, the right breast was incredibly painful because it developed a hematoma. That has pretty much calmed down other than when I manipulate it to fit it into my bra. The left side has developed more pain. It should be noted that I’ve been experiencing left breast pain since mid December it was part of what led to the imaging prior to biopsy. It also seems like the left breast is now larger than it was. I am left-handed and my left breast has always been slightly larger than the right, but it seems to have grown, my husband concurs.Could this just be swelling from the biopsy which will go down, or should I ask the doctor to check it out?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Feb 22, 2021 07:37AM LivinLife wrote:

Hi JSB! I am unable to answer your questions though am hoping someone will come along who can. I would say if you don't notice improvement soon, or certainly if things worsen, see your primary care....

Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/30/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Feb 22, 2021 03:52PM MinusTwo wrote:

I too am unable to answer, but traditional wisdom ways to check with your doc if they problem persists after 2 weeks. It's only been 10 days, but when is your follow up with the doc scheduled?

If you have "my chart" available with the doc, you might see if a more comfortable sports bra would be acceptable.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Feb 22, 2021 09:32PM JSB93 wrote:

Thanks for responding! Follow up is not until April. I am wearing a sports bra to bed, it is just uncomfortable, but it also hurts if I don’t. I just didn’t know if there was an average timeframe post biopsy when things start to feel normal. Thank

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)