Join Us

We are 222,308 members in 83 forums discussing 162,449 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: worried- two week wait

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Breast cancer symptoms vary widely. According to the American Cancer Society, in addition to a lump, breast cancer symptoms can include swelling, skin irritation, dimpling, breast pain, changes to the nipple, thickening of the breast skin, or unusual nipple discharge. Still, some breast cancers cause no symptoms at all. Note: Please do not post pictures of your symptoms. It's important to have anything unusual checked by your doctor

Posted on: Jun 10, 2021 12:08PM

amberdawn5678 wrote:

My mammogram report found a 1.2 cm focal asymmetry. I am worried. I am an extreme worrier and I feel bad even posting here, but I can't stop thinking about it. I go back on June 22. Reading past post and online I feel it is probably nothing, but I can't stop the worry. I have five young kids, three I adopted, and I am frightened of what will happen to all my kids if I got sick or worse.

There is a 1.2 cm focal asymmetry in the upper, outer, middle to posterior third of the right breast, measuring 7.5 cm from the nipple on MLO view. No suspicious findings are present in the left breast.

IMPRESSION:

1. Right breast focal asymmetry. Recommend spot combo CC and MLO and full field combo true lateral views and possible ultrasound if necessary for further evaluation.

2. No mammographic evidence of malignancy on the left.

3. BI-RADS Category 0-incomplete

4. CAD

Thanks in advance for any advice and I hope you are all well.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jun 10, 2021 02:34PM Moderators wrote:

Dear amberdawn5678,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry that these breast health changes and the worry that they cause have brought you here. Have you had an opportunity to discuss these findings with your doctor or are you reading them through a patient portal - sometimes information without clarification can enhance one's anxiety. Here is a link to resources around common imaging questions that might help with some of your conners. We are sure that our members will be along to offer suggestions and provide support around coping with waiting on information. Keep us posted on what you learn and how we can be a help to you.

The MOds

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Jun 10, 2021 02:38PM amberdawn5678 wrote:

I haven't really heard anything from my doctor, just that the ordered the next set of test for me. A diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound, which is scheduled for June 22.

Jun 10, 2021 03:12PM ctmbsikia wrote:

Not sure this will help lessen your worry, but having more images done is better than going straight to ultra sound or having a biopsy recommended. You're not there yet, so please try to go on these two weeks as normal as you can and don't cross too may worry bridges until you get to the next one.

Good luck, lots of women get called back in for further images and it turns out fine.

Dx 12/14/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/16/2018, LCIS, Right Surgery 1/31/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/11/2018 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 6/25/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 11, 2021 03:12PM LivinLife wrote:

As you likely read asymmetry can turn out to be a positioning issue. I hope that's true in your case.... Do what you can to stay busy, enjoy time with your children during this next several days. Your worry will still be with you too though do what you can to take care of you while you're waiting.... Please let us know how things go....

with expansive comedo necrosis & weak ER/PR Dx 7/2020, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 8/31/2020 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)