Join Us

We are 223,107 members in 83 forums discussing 162,831 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Symptoms are starting to add up

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried —

Breast cancer symptoms vary widely. According to the American Cancer Society, in addition to a lump, breast cancer symptoms can include swelling, skin irritation, dimpling, breast pain, changes to the nipple, thickening of the breast skin, or unusual nipple discharge. Still, some breast cancers cause no symptoms at all. Note: Please do not post pictures of your symptoms. It's important to have anything unusual checked by your doctor

Posted on: Jul 9, 2021 06:09AM

Caitfate3 wrote:

20F, 5'2, 139lb, Oklahoma USA, skyla IUD

Last night while laying on my back I discovered a lump on my left breast closer towards my armpit. Its harder for me to feel it when I'm soitting up but it's still there. It's painless, sort of soft/ sort of firm, and I can move it around slightly under my skin. It's probably about 1.5 inches across and it's round. Over the past month or so I've noticed my breast seeming to get slightly bigger. My period is on track as normal. The middle of my left side back has been sore as well, around the kidney area but I thought this was just from bending over a lot at work. I’ve also been having weird spots in my vision occasionally. I’d say usually once daily I’ll get a slight head rush followed by little spots in my vision.

I have been working more this past month so I’ve been chopping it all up to that but with the discovery of this lump I’m more concerned these symptoms relate to something worse

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 9, 2021 08:08AM ShetlandPony wrote:

Don't try to diagnose yourself from a bunch of "symptoms" that may have nothing to do with cancer. As far as what you feel in your breast, just go to the doctor. They will probably order an ultrasound to check it out. In a young woman, harmless cysts and fibroadenomas are common. Just go to the doctor instead of worrying and self-diagnosing. Ask them about any concerns you have, and possibly a referral to a mental health professional if you are often bothered by anxiety about your health. You deserve to live a happy 20-year-old life and not be consumed with worry!

2011 Stage I ILC 1.5cm grade1 ITCs sn Lumpectomy,radiation,tamoxifen. 2014 Stage IV ILC mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD

Jul 9, 2021 11:37AM exbrnxgrl wrote:

As shetlandpony said, self diagnosis is a bad idea as is asking us, breast cancer patients, to interpret your symptoms. Get yourself to a doctor for answers and know that it is very, very unlikely to be cancer. Take care.

Bilateral mx 9/7/11 with one step ns reconstruction. As of 11/21/11, 2cm met to upper left femur Dx 7/8/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/7/2011 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 11/2011, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/21/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/21/2011 Bone Hormonal Therapy 6/19/2014 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane)

Jul 9, 2021 12:18PM ThreeTree wrote:

I agree with the others, that you should see a doctor. I had a lump at 19 and it turned out to be a benign fibroadenoma. That said, cancer did develop in that exact same spot in my mid 60's. Good luck, get it checked out, and don't worry too much!

Jul 22, 2021 12:44AM K-Gobby wrote:

I found the lump on a Sunday in later June, found a doctor, made an appointment, got a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy in the same week. To the cancer doctor i went and i am doing all but the Mamm again. This time and MRI.

More will be revealed. Trust the Doctor process and allow your head to take a rest. It can create all sorts of outcomes. Tell your mind to take the night off. Sending prayers all is good.

Dx 7/8/2021, IDC, Left, Stage IIA, ER+/PR-

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)