Topic: Biopsy for Architectural Distortion

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Mar 8, 2022 02:50PM

Posted on: Mar 8, 2022 02:50PM

lyssa615 wrote:

Hi everyone, I am sick to my stomach right now as I just had a screening mammogram and ultrasound and the radiologist scheduled me for a biopsy due to an "architectural distortion". From what I have read online so far, this is not good. The radiologist said it was seen on mammogram but could not be seen on ultrasound. I had a biopsy last year, same breast in close vicinity to where this "distortion is". That biopsy came back benign.

Has anyone ever had "architechtural distortion" that turned out benign?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Mar 11, 2022 03:23PM cugymgirl wrote:

I have not had this, but I researched it because the tech thought I did at one point (she used the phrase architectural distortion, but it was actually focal asymmetry)..so I researched while I was waiting for my testing. There are a lot of cases where it can be benign! I would think it is a good sign that there is no ultrasound correlate! Good luck!

Apr 12, 2022 11:50PM - edited Apr 12, 2022 11:51PM by cathy67

This Post was deleted by cathy67.
Oncotype 6, Dx 08/06/2019, IDC, Right, 2.1 cm, Grade2, 1/1 nodes,ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/10/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy 11/20/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/27/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Scroll to top button