Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Just had a biopsy and awaiting results birads 4a

Options
worriedinsd
worriedinsd Member Posts: 2
edited April 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hello every i just had my biopsy 2 days ago and awaiting my results. im 36 and my doctor found a lump near a previous lump i had biopsied in like 2008. i doing ok but my husband is really concerned. here is the report from the ultrasound is there anything to be gleamed from this thanks for any help

Exam(s): 0328-0505 US/US breast LT limited w axilla
Reason for Exam: N63.0 - Unspecified lump in unspecified breast
REASON FOR EXAM: N63.0 - Unspecified lump in unspecified breast
COMPARISON: 3/28/2022, 1/15/2008
FINDINGS: Ultrasound left breast.
There is an irregular shaped hypoechoic mass 2 o'clock 2 cm from the nipple on ultrasound at a depth of 2 cm probably
corresponding to the mammographic finding. Lesion is 15 x 10 x 11 mm.

A second hypoechoic ill-defined lesion at 2 o'clock 4 cm from the nipple at a depth of 1 cm is 7 x 3 x 7 mm without a
distinct mammographic correlate.

There is a small nodule medially which is fairly smooth, not taller than wide, and mixed echogenicity measuring 6 x 3 x 6
mm. Corresponds to the mammographic finding.

OVERALL ASSESSMENT: BI-RADS 4A.

RECOMMENDATION: Ultrasound-guided biopsies of the findings in the 2 o'clock position left breast which correspond to
the palpable and more significant mammographic findings. Patient has had a previous biopsy in 2008 showing a complex
sclerosing lesion.

just trying to give some peace of mind to myself and hubby. the waiting is unbariable

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,907
    Options

Dear worriedinsd,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry that this lump has brought you here. We are glad that you reached out for support and information. Waiting for results is the worst stressor. Everyone here can identify with that. Here is a link to a topic entitled Interpreting your report.There is a link in the OP's initial post that might be helpful. djmammo is a radiologist who has volunteered his time in the past to help answer questions. He is not presently active but you might find some help in this topic nonetheless. It is worth taking a look while waiting for others to offer their experiences. Please keep us posted on what you learn and how we can all be a help to you here.

The Mods

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options
    Waiting sucks! No doubt about it. Try to distract yourself the best you can. Peace of mind will come after you get the biopsy result. It's impossible to know from an ultrasound what a biopsy will say, if it was possible we wouldn't need biopsies. :)
  • rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Worried - Parakeetsrule is correct. Most of the time imaging alone is not sufficient to determine whether or not you have something to deal with. The good news - you are proactive in watching your health and the radiologist coded this as 4A which means you have about an 85% chance that all these areas are benign. Try to distract yourself (and hubby) while you wait for the results. These can be the hardest days, I know. But try your best to focus on other things and not to go down the "what if" rabbit hole.

One thing you may consider since you seem to have busy breasts. You may want an MRI to establish a baseline. Especially since you have some scarring in there from a previous biopsy. Wishing you all my best for completely benign results.

• worriedinsd
    worriedinsd Member Posts: 2
    Options

Thank you everyone for the kind words at 5 pm yesterday we got the word that it was a benign thank goodness. The said it's fiber something I can't remember the exact wording but they said they want to follow up in six months just to make sure everything is good. I burst into tears when they said it benign.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options

Worried that is fantastic news!!! So happy all benign. Thanks for coming back on and updating us.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    Options

Yay!! So happy for you!