Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I am here again!

cathy67
cathy67 Member Posts: 411

I am here again! Yesterday was my routine mammogram and ultrasound date, mammogram back clear, but ultrasound sent me to biopsy directly. I asked the lady what was wrong, she said, an area is suspicious. I am 2 years 3 months after treatment, all my previous routines were mammogram , all back clear. This time, I reported a small lump to MO, so he ordered ultrasound at same time, and arranged the routine 2 months earlier. I am 4 months from last mammogram, but my last ultrasound was more than 2years ago, so I am very scared,, however, I am wondering what is that, I heard mammogram is very sensible to calcification, while ultrasound is sensible to lump. The biopsy is scheduled on May 4, I called my family doctor for ultrasound report which is supposed to be ready by this Friday, but only got April 22 appt, don't know it will be 4a, 4b or 4c?

Comments

• rain88
    rain88 Member Posts: 160

Hi, Cathy, I can imagine what you must be going through and I am sorry you find yourself in this harrowing situation. Your biopsy isn't going to be for a while, plus the wait until results, so hopefully you will find something to distract your mind. Maybe Friday you"ll learn that the biopsy is just due diligence, to rule things out and it doesn't really look that worrisome. The truth is that once dxed with cancer, they would follow up on anything that we report. I myself got a bone scan because I reported unusual pain in the area where I had rads and it turned out to be nothing. So, this could turn out be nothing for you as well.

Wishing you good results, ♥️

• bcincolorado
    bcincolorado Member Posts: 4,689

I hope you will get answers soon and sounds like your medical team is on top of things. Keep us posted. Best wishes.

• cathy67

rain88, thanks for the sharing!! Now I know I am not the only one to experience this, bone scan is much more dreadful, every of us must be brave warrior.

• cathy67

bcincolorado,

Thanks!!!

• cathy67

After one month dreadful waiting, finally I got biopsy report, it is normal. Thanks ladies for your support.

I got off research train now, but will still be here for supports.

Cathy

• rain88
    rain88 Member Posts: 160

So happy for you!!! 🤗

• cathy67

rain88,

Thanks.

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336

Cathy67, good deal!

• cathy67