Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Male Breast Cancer?

Options
anxiousmale21
anxiousmale21 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

Hi everyone, I don’t know if this is the right place to post but I just needed a place to vent. I’m a 21 year old male with severe health anxiety and i feel like I’m losing my mind. I have looked all over google for answers and all the symptoms match breast cancer. I am a healthy male with no major health problems except for high blood pressure which is under control.

This all started 3 weeks ago, I woke up with a lot of pain on my chest and it made my whole chest hurt, I started feeling around my chest to see where I could feel the pain and the pain would increase once I touched my nipple. Then a few hours later my skin turned red all around the nipple. I ended up going to the ER and was diagnosed with cellulitis, they gave me a weeks worth of anti biotics which helped with the pain and redness.

However when I finished the anti biotics, I could still feel a hard bumpy lump behind my right nipple and I noticed my right nipple starting to flake. I went back to the GP and gave me another course of anti biotics which made the swelling go down a bit. But as I finished these anti biotics I could still feel a hard lump behind my nipple and it’s stressing me out because it’s not going away! That made me turn to google to look for possible answers and the only thing other that breast cancer was Gyno but I ruled that out since Gyno does not cause redness or nipple flaking.

Fast forward to this day, my GP sent me for an ultra sound next week to see what the lump is about and I am so nervous. Currently my nipple is painful and I could see it flaking and I also have pain when I touch my lump. I know BC is rare in male but maybe I’m just one of the unlucky ones. I do have a family history of cancer but not breast cancer. My aunt passed from ovarian cancer, grandpa passed from pancreatic cancer. I don’t know what’s going on.. I was fine last month, unless I just had a slow growing tumor growing in me and I never found out until now? I will wait and see next week what they tell me, I am praying it’s nothing serious :/

Comments

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605
    edited April 2022
    Options

Most likely it's nothing serious but the good news is that even if it is, the doctor is taking it seriously and investigating! That's great. So many people get ignored but if something sketchy is going on with that lump, it sounds like they'll figure out what. I hope the venting session helped and let us know how the ultrasound goes!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293
    edited April 2022
    Options

Glad you're getting an ultrasound to check it out. It's more likely to be benign than not, but it needs to be diagnosed and treated no matter what it is. Try to not touch the area in the meantime & try to not stress about it too - I know easier said than done but really, make an effort to distract yourself. Don't be nervous about something that hasn't happened yet. You're doing all the right things, just wait for the next step.

• malebreastc
    malebreastc Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi

I have been one of the unlucky ones diagnosed 17 years back, but the positive is that I am going strong since all these years, even if you arediagnosed and are in the same boat, just remember that it is curable as well as treatable.

I guess your MO will order a Fnac and biopsy for quick diagnosis.

• anxiousmale21
    anxiousmale21 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hi everyone, I appreciate all the replies. I didn’t think anyone would reply so to see some people care makes me feel good. You guys are a really supportive community.

I just got my ultra sound done and now I am waiting for the results! Will update again once I get them.