Topic: Help understanding biopsy results

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Apr 29, 2022 07:46PM

Posted on: Apr 29, 2022 07:46PM

newnana wrote:

I have no history of breast cancer but went to the doctor for a rash on my breast. I received antibiotics for 10 days but that made no difference. I then received anti fungal with a steroid and that's still not making a difference. Since I just turned 40 the doctor had me have a mammogram as well. That came back abnormal so I had a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound and they recommended a cyst aspiration and abiopsy(unrelated to the rash). I had a biopsy on Wednesday and received the results through MyChart but haven't received a call from the doctor and guessing I won't until Monday. I'm hoping someone could help translate what the results mean. I read the rules of posting and think this is ok but if not I apologize.

The summary of the report says “ The pathology has returned as a complex radial sclerosing lesion, concordant with the imaging findings. Surgical consultation is recommended with consideration given to excision.“

I can paste the full report if that's helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Apr 29, 2022 07:58PM parakeetsrule wrote:

This should help: https://www.mypathologyreport.ca/complex-sclerosing-lesion/

Stage 2 at 37, Stage 4 at 41. Cancer is dumb. Cookies are good. Dx 3/21/2017, IDC, Left, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/14/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 12/8/2021 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Targeted Therapy 12/13/2021 Piqray (alpelisib) Dx IDC, Other, Stage IV, ER+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Apr 29, 2022 08:08PM newnana wrote:

thanks, that is helpful

May 3, 2022 06:17PM newnana wrote:

just wanted to provide an update. The doctor called and explained that while the complex radial sclerosing lesion is benign they generally recommend surgery to remove it since sometimes it can hide a malignancy. I have a surgery consult on the 20th. They will also reevaluate the rash on my breast at the same time

May 3, 2022 07:41PM katg wrote:

Good news. No matter what happens, you look to have a caring team looking out for you.

Chemotherapy 8/14/2021 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2022 Femara (letrozole) Surgery 2/9/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Aesthetic Flat Closure, Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Removal (Left), Tissue Expander Dx IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR-, HER2+, ISH, IHC

May 5, 2022 12:51PM cathy67 wrote:

newnana,

Thanks for the info.

Cathy

Oncotype 6, Dx 08/06/2019, IDC, Right, 2.1 cm, Grade2, 1/1 nodes,ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/9/2019 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Hormonal Therapy 11/20/2019 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 11/26/2019 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Scroll to top button