Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Indent

Options
megan1118
megan1118 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2022 in Not Diagnosed But Worried

I'm 20 and kinda worried. A few months ago I noticed a little thumbprint indent in my left breast and it rang some alarm bells. The good thing is that this "dent" goes away when I lift my arm up. I've dug into that area to check for any lumps, as well as 3 other doctors, and none of us feel anything... which is good as well I guess.

I saw an ob/gyn about it and she said she could see the dent but there was a stretch mark running through it. When I look closely in the mirror, I can see the stretch marks as well. I don't know if this "dent" is a bundle of stretch marks or not because it's not on my other breast. In certain lighting it looks like a little shadow. When I feel over it, the skin is flat.

Also I gained about 15lbs in a short time period and my body (including my boobs) is covered in new stretch marks. I wish I could worry about my weight and not BC lol

Should I let this go?

Comments

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,901
    edited May 2022
    Options

Hi Megan1118, and welcome. We're so sorry for the worries that bring you here, but you're sure to get some good advice soon from others who have been there. Try to remember, any breast cancer diagnosis at your young age would be extremely rare. But it's great you're being diligent about your breast health and having your doctors weigh in. Have you asked about any additional imaging, just to help give you some peace of mind?

Thinking of you and please keep us posted!

--The Mods

• kbos333
    kbos333 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2022
    Options

did you ever find out what it was? My situation is very similar.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,746
    edited October 2022
    Options

That was the one and only post op made and she hasn’t logged on since June.