Topic: I think I have IBC - talk to me please

Forum: Not Diagnosed But Worried — For those who are experiencing symptoms or received concerning test results, but haven't been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Posted on: Jun 11, 2022 08:51PM

Posted on: Jun 11, 2022 08:51PM

chloe332 wrote:

My breast journey started in February. I am only 21, and I do not do regular breast exams. In late February, I found a big lump in my breast. I freaked out and got a doctor's appointment for the next day. She said she believed it was a fibroadenoma but ordered an ultrasound to be sure. After this, I started checking my breasts like crazy. I noticed that I had a red rash on the same breast that I found the lump in. I told myself to not worry until the ultrasound. I had the ultrasound and it was a BIRADs 4 so I had to get a core needle biopsy. I got that done and the results came back as a fibroadenoma which is great, but I am still worried because of some breast changes. Firstly, the red rash never went away. It got a lot lighter but sort of spread out?? It DOES blanch with pressure, but I am not sure if IBC rashes do this or not? It doesn't really look like a rash anymore, but just like an area of a very slight pink (my partner says they do not even really see it). Another worrisome symptom that I noticed after my biopsy is that my nipple has a weird redness surrounding it. It sort of looks like there is a red ring around my nipple. It isn't inverted, but it just has that redness around it which is freaking me out. I'm thinking that it may have been from the biopsy because the fibroadenoma is right under my nipple but I do not know if it could cause that because it has been 3 months after my biopsy and the red ring is still there. I went to 2 other doctors who say they are not worried (one of them said they did not even see my pink spot), but aren't giving me any explanation for my symptoms. I am so terrified that I am crying at least 3 times a day, called out of work multiple times, and just cannot get IBC out of my head. I really just need someone to talk to.

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Jun 20, 2022 08:10PM wisemom wrote:

hi

I have a round looking bruise on my right breast and have had us and mammogram and they were normal. I understand completely how scared we all can be. I see de tomorrow to see what is next. I know the only way I will be ok is to have a biops

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button