We are 160,181 members in 80 forums discussing 126,431 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Growing our Friendships After Treatment → Topic: I say yes, you say no, OR People are Strange

Topic: I say yes, you say no, OR People are Strange

Forum: Growing our Friendships After Treatment — For those who have finished treatment, but want to continue growing your cybersister friendships.

Posted on: Jan 3, 2011 06:23PM, edited Jul 28, 2011 12:03PM by bluedahlia

bluedahlia wrote:

Thought I'd add mrmojorisin in there somewhere.

Let's try this again. 

Life is made up of differences. Let's explore these differences, learn from them and accept them.

Now "Don't stop till you get enough"!  I love Michael Jackson too!

But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they? - Scarecrow, Wizard of Oz.

Page 767 of 1,839 (55,144 results)

Posts 22981 - 23010 (55,144 total)

May 8, 2012 07:51PM , edited May 8, 2012 07:52PM by rosemary-b

Hop in!

I did not find this thread on Active Topics.Are we still in time-out? 

I have the add articles feature turned off and I deleted a few but that was tedious and boring and I am not in the mood for tedious and boring.

ETA: Archived not deleted. I am not sure what archived means in this instance.

Dx 2/25/2007, IDC, Stage I, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 8, 2012 07:53PM , edited May 8, 2012 07:57PM by 1Athena1

ETA: Wabbit - I think that's the problem. We are seeing different things. It appears as though what you see depends on the device. I don't see what you describe at all. I don't see any hot pink, for one. The gray colors are quite neutral - not puckey at all. Hope the techies can figure it out...

Maybe I'm wrong about active topics - don't see us anymore. It upsets me that I can't search for posts on this thread by using the search button. Maybe I' wrong - Mods, can you answer this question - are non-active topics threads not as easily searchable? Thanks. 

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 08:20PM Moderators wrote:

WhiteRabbit, the team is looking into the questions around colors, and members' descriptions of what they're seeing definitely helps - passing along your description and Athena's with the others we've gathered!

Athena, I just did a search of your most recent post on this thread, using your phrase "what you describe at all" as the keywords, and the post and its thread appeared as the first hit. What result are you getting, so we can get this checked?

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 8, 2012 08:25PM 1Athena1 wrote:

Mods, I was looking for mention I had made on this thread about the Scarff-Bloom-Richardson index. But maybe I wrote it wrong - not surprising, as I am the worst keyboarder I know...

Anyone diagnosed with cancer should learn to have a healthy disrespect for statistics. Statistics are maths. It's the science which still eludes us. Dx 3/2009, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 3/8 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 8, 2012 08:29PM rosemary-b wrote:

Athena

Seriously? Have you read some of my posts? I claim worst keyboarder ever! Unless you truly want the position, in which case I abdicate.

May 8, 2012 08:30PM 1Athena1 wrote:

Oh, Rosemary....I challenge thee to a duel. I think about 99.9 percent of my posts are edited - I sometimes tip-toe back days later under a cloak of shame because I can't stand some of my proofing errors.

May 8, 2012 08:49PM , edited May 8, 2012 08:51PM by rosemary-b

Athena

Me too. Sometimes I just give up and leave the mess there for the whole world to see.

ETA: Just don't slap me with your glove. Choose your weapon-wet noodle or pink ribbon.

May 8, 2012 09:21PM 1Athena1 wrote:

C L A W S ...... Tongue out

May 8, 2012 09:29PM rosemary-b wrote:

I am no good with claws. I concede.Laughing

May 8, 2012 09:38PM suzieq60 wrote:

Rosemary - I hope you are really boring!!

Strange - the font change again to be being really little - weird - it was nice and big this morning.

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 8, 2012 09:58PM rosemary-b wrote:

What happened to the font size?

I want boring too.

May 8, 2012 11:00PM riley702 wrote:

Thanks for telling me how to get rid of those "recommended articles". I notice that if you put anything in the "My Diagnosis" or "My Treatment" areas in your profile, that will be used to send you MORE "recommended articles"! Phooey. And why, since the recommended articles were defaulted to "OFF", did I have 58 recommended articles in the first place?

I don't mind the colors - better than all the pink. I hadn't noticed any difference in the fonts, but maybe that was fixed before I came here today? I haven't tried to navigate through active topics yet. I do agree all that wasted space on the left is unfortunate. Put the navigation tabs back up on top and use the whole width of the page for posts, please.
Carolyn - 6 months neoadjuvant chemo (clinical trial), BMX and rads. Dx'd and treated as TN. After MX, I was informed my tumor was weakly ER+ after all (8%) Dx 1/26/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Targeted Therapy 2/9/2010 Avastin (bevacizumab) Chemotherapy 2/9/2010 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel), Xeloda (capecitabine) Surgery 9/5/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Left Radiation Therapy 10/19/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 12/14/2010 Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2011 Hormonal Therapy 8/8/2011 Aromasin (exemestane) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 9, 2012 10:25AM rosemary-b wrote:

I'm still hoping for boring. I am sitting with a heat pack on my arm since some of the contrast seeped into my arm. Seeped my Aunt Fanny. I thoght my arm was going to explode. They told me the would slow down the flow if I told them it hurt, so I did- twice. GRRR

May 9, 2012 10:52AM 208sandy wrote:

Hi Everybody - I've been lurking but not communicating - just wanted to say I am not happy with new format - type is waaaaay too small - wasted space is ticking me off and navigating the board is next to impossible - other than that - everything is just fine!!!Smile

May 9, 2012 10:58AM del4 wrote:

{{{{{ouch, Rosemary}}}}}}  waiting for your BORING non-news.  Have mittens to put on our LIoness's paws ;)

It's a little faster today, but still the Active List is a waste.

Well, I "flunked" the parathyroid, calcium blood tests.  Going for more testing tomorrow.  Posting about this in VitD Poll thread, too much to repeat, it's really wearing me down.  Too many body systems going wonky.

May 9, 2012 11:02AM rosemary-b wrote:

Oh no Sunflowers

Hope you get to the bottom of this soon.

May 9, 2012 11:25AM otter wrote:

Fark.  CT scans, wonky markers, parathyroid tests... I'm going along with all of you to your follow-ups, as long as our dear lioness isn't hungry.  (She promised she has sworn off otter meat.)  Can lions retract their claws, like smaller kitties?  (Please please.)

The overall color of my BCO Board pages is a faint beige today.  I think it might be slightly darker than the off-white I saw yesterday, but maybe it's just my eyes adjusting.  It isn't bad. I think the top of each page is a terrible waste of space, though.  Lots of helpful stuff (links, login, etc.) that used to be there is gone.

Two things I don't understand:  everybody is complaining about wasted space on the left side of the page, and a poorly-placed navigation bar.  There is no empty space on the left side of my screen, or on the right either.  The text runs from edge to edge (fitting nicely, actually).  The lines are too wide for my eyeballs, and I find myself needing to turn my head to read across the page, but that's sometimes as much exercise as I get before lunch.  Where are you finding the nav bars, though?  Can anyone offer a screen shot?  (ha ha)  I have no nav bars on my page -- just a breadcrumb trail at the top of the page, as we've always had.

I do hate the "Recommended Articles."  Is there any way, yet, to turn off that feature entirely?  I figured out how to delete them:  move each one to your "Archive", and then use the "Delete" button there to vaporize each one permanently.  It's pathetic that we have to move and delete each article individually, rather than selecting the ones we want to move/delete (checkbox?) and messing only with those.  Or, why not a global "Empty Archive" function?  Receiving "Recommended Articles" based on the entries in my "Diagnosis" and "Treatment" pages creeps me out.  I want to opt out (or never have opted in).  Most of the articles are totally irrelevant, anyway.

B*tch b*tch b*tch.  This has taken my mind off the fact that my MIL is in the hospital again, since Monday.  She told the medical staff, her best friend, and her home aide team, that they were NOT to call dh to tell him where she was.  We figured it out when she didn't answer the phone in her apartment all day yesterday. We called her best friend, who spilled the beans.  WTF???  (There's more, but I'd rather fuss about the BCO page formatting because it's less stressful.)

otter

Dx 2008, IDC, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 9, 2012 11:44AM crazy4carrots wrote:

Goodness, didn't MIL think that if dear son called and called and there was no answer, that he'd immediately jump to the conclusion that all was not well???  As I worrywort, I would automatically see her lying unconcious at the bottom of the stairs.....Hoping for a good outcome for her, BTW.

I haven't been bombarded with any articles.  Does this only happen when you log in?  I stay logged in most of the time.

I kind of like the email notification of postings in my favourites.  Since I only have 3 threads marked as favourites, I don't get too many.  Haven't really explored the whole site yet, but (please don't hit me) I'm beginning to like it! 
Certain politicians and all diapers should be changed often -- and for the same reason. Dx 1/10/2008, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 9, 2012 02:23PM rosemary-b wrote:

Oh Otter

How distressing.

Linda

The articles are on the My Profile page. Yesterday I had cream and ecru, today I have shades of gray. The blank space on the left does not show up on my Nook. On the other hand when I try to log in on the Nook it says the security certificate is not from a trusted source, so I do not log-in on the Nook. And now the headache is back so I am out of here.

May 9, 2012 03:47PM del4 wrote:

OK, something to laugh at.  get ready for it.  Vitamin D blood test on 4/18/12 = 26 ( down from the 35 it was 5 months ago)

RETEST Vitamin D on 4/26/12 ( when taking the Parathyroid test) 78.6

I can only scream WTF?  I do honestly give up.  Really I do.  Going to oncologist for regular 6th month check up and more blood tests tomorrow.

May 9, 2012 04:14PM , edited May 9, 2012 04:15PM by rosemary-b

Sunflowers

That is a mystery worthy of Monk. No Monk would not deal with medical matters. House then. Was it a different lab? New machine? Different test protocol? I don't know but if the lab did get new equipment I am sure you are not the only one screaming what the...

So I put a heat pack on my arm because of the seepage and now have a giant bruise which I am sure is larger because of the heat pack. Grr.. I get to go for blood tests tomorrow. The lab at the Cancer Center is good so I will probably not be bruised by them, too much.ETA: Obviously I am not a happy camper.

May 9, 2012 04:21PM kira1234 wrote:

Well I go for my 6 month check up with the ONC. He will do the usual blood draw. I know he will not be happy to find I've been off the geeneric Femara for 2 weeks. I sure hope he will write the scrip for the name brand. I've been sick for months now with the fillers in the generic. I would love to know if some off the stuff has rubber products in them of some kind, I am very allergic to rubber in any form. It was external, but wonder if internal would give problems as well.

Dx 6/1/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Left Radiation Therapy 8/3/2010 Hormonal Therapy 10/5/2010 Aromasin (exemestane)

May 9, 2012 05:01PM del4 wrote:

((((Rosemary)))))  have you ever used Arnica Gel  on the place where they stick ya' with needles?  I've used it for years, even my PS suggested it after surgery.  Very soothing, and don't ask why, I can't wrap what's left of my mind around it, but it really does keep away black & blue marks.

Same lab, same technicians, I can only think somebody got mixed up with me.  Wondering WHICH result is mine?

Wasn't Monk a character in a British Mystery?  Anne Perry author?  maybe?

May 9, 2012 05:39PM Marple wrote:

Well, one good note is this thread is in Active Topics.  Sorry if I'm slow on the uptake.

Dx 2006, IDC, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 9, 2012 05:42PM Marple wrote:

Friggin heck, maybe it's not.

Dx 2006, IDC, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 9, 2012 05:58PM suzieq60 wrote:

Sun - totally weird about those results - can you ask for a retest - it might be worth the pain to be sure they didn't get you mixed up with someone else. Yes Monk is an Anne Perry character - love her books.

How weird is this, if I post here at work I get tiny font, at home I get big font. But the fonts are the same size after the post goes up. I am really not liking the format - I like checking in with you girls when I get up in the morning and it's taking SO much longer with all the scrolling.

Missing Blue - ((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))

2nd diagnosis October 2010 - IDC 5.8mm node negative - missed on mammogram in October 2009 Dx 10/13/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

May 9, 2012 06:24PM Moderators wrote:

susieq, is the display resolution the same on your home and work computers? We're trying to track down things like this to help with tech troubleshooting, thanks!

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 9, 2012 06:45PM , edited May 9, 2012 07:12PM by 1Athena1

Mods , here is my story. I alternate between 2 pc desktops with internet explorer. I see nice calm hues that are easy on the eyes. Text coumn much too short. I like the font.
I have an android smartphone - mobile experience is an improvement, definitely.

HOWEVER: One annoying part about ther mobile version is that you have to keep pressing on "Menu" in order to get the drop-down list of topics. Could the menu just stayed dropper down?

May 9, 2012 07:04PM suzieq60 wrote:

Mods - My work one does seem to be a higher resolution

May 9, 2012 07:30PM suzieq60 wrote:

But - the only small font is the posting box at the bottom - everything else looks the same as home.

Page 767 of 1,839 (55,144 results)