Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

LIFES A BEACH!

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Member Posts: 460
edited February 2022 in Bonded by Breast Cancer

"Sisters are like angels,

they lift us up

to our own feet

when our own wings

have trouble remembering

how to fly"

Hoping you will join me here where there is nothing to do but offer love, friendship, support and fun to each other. This journey is a tough one ... let's hold each other up, laugh when we can, cry when we need to, find hope, courage, strength and love with the help of one another. Fun and laughter is important .. it's good for the soul and it's Great medicine! Looking forward to seeing good friends and meeting new ones!

Comments

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2008

Well I don't fall into the "after treatment" category but I certainly agree with the journey being a tough one and friendships are always nice. 

Spreading out my beach towel and getting my area all set up. 

Amy

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Awww always nice to have music to listen to.

Amy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

I thought about the name of the forum having "after treatment" in it .. but when are we really after treatment?  Women with recurrences ((((Amy)))), women on AI's or Tamoxifen, women having surgeries ... unfortunately it can be a long long time to be done with treatment.  Moving Beyond gives the other impression that treatment is over.  I love this forum for the Growing Our Friendships aspect and yes, we all can benefit from that! 

Jasmine:  Wow, that song is so uplifting and the video is absolutely gorgeous! 

Amy:  Don't forget the sunscreen, you don't want this to happen -

That looks like it hurts!  lol

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Hmm, I could have done without that visual image.  Thats just plain weird looking. 

Amy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

hahaha Amy, a good reason to not allow sunburn!

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2008

The thought of a beach today is fantastic!  I love the beach........

Hmmmm I think that person has been in the sun a bit to much! 

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2008

Charlene, what a great idea.  Life is a Beach!!  After going thru the scare of a BC diagnosis I sure appreciate my life even more.

OK, gonna brag a little here.  This article came out this morning about my show.  The paper NEVER reviews shows but did this time!

http://www.ocala.com/article/20080205/BREAKING_NEWS/652063201/1340/NEWS

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

Marsha, that is So impressive!!!  You sparkle and win hearts ... now how fitting is that for you.  You do that in real life too!  I wish I could come see it live.  Any chance you can get a video of it?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2008

Good morning ladies. I saw some of you on another thread here and you were very welcoming. I'm new here and would love to get in on the ground floor of a new thread so may I join you? I've got my sunscreen, swimsuit & towel with me.

Alwayshope the video was beautiful scenery and song.

Marsha, I take it you are the one in the article, very good. Someone told me how to post pics the other day so I may try it later on. I love the beach. Life IS a beach, I agree. LOL

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008

Wow Marsha, that is cool. 

angel, life is a beach.  Are you stranded or do you just lay down in the sand and enjoy.  I do both.  LOL

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

Jill, everybody is welcome!  I think you'll love it here.  I Love the beach too!  Glad you joined us.

Susan, I do both also!  LOL

Marsha, I know what you mean about appreciating life more.  Look at you just a year out of treatment getting accolades for your show.  You go girl! 

• Unknown
    edited May 2008

I love the beach as well and I think this is a great place to spend some time.

There is one thing I need to take care of first.  I would like to publicly apologize to Cheryl/Cy for a remark I made several months ago.  I mistook her post to be part of an orchestrated campaign being led by a third party and I'm sorry.  It was never my intention to hurt her or the person she referenced.

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Jaz thanks for that!  I'm sure we have all said some things that we would have been better off keeping our mouth shut but it takes an even bigger person to apologize. 

Marhsa-Dang thats excellent.  I so want to see it!  You can't convince me its not being taped.  come on,,let us see it. 

Jill-welcome to the beach.  Nice and cozy and just the right amount of breeze blowing. 

Amy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

(((Jasmine))) Like Amy said, been there and done that myself.  Thank you for doing the right thing. 

I got my beach towel down and I'm feeling the warm sun on my face and all my cares are slipping away ...

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited February 2008

Actually Charlene, I'm a year out from diagnosis.  I started chemo exactly one year ago tomorrow, finished Rads in August and had my prophy mast done last October. 

I saw my med onc last week and my rads onc too and he actually wrote in my chart for the first time "No Evidence of Disease"!  WooHoo 

I couldn't wait to get that last surgery behind me so I could begin living a full, fun life again.  Sure a BC dx changes us forever and we have a new normal, but no reason for that to be a bad change or a bad normal!   Just look at Amy, living WITH bc but living her life to the fullest.  We can wallow in self pity and misery or we can CHOOSE to make the most of the hand we are dealt.  Is life a bitch or is life a beach?  Is the glass half empty or half full?  

Having said all that,  I admit to still waking up at times scared "it" could come back.  I usually just calmly tell myself that worrying about it isn't gonna change the outcome.  Until someone tells me differently, I do not HAVE cancer, I HAD it. 

I was very worried about chemo brain.  I'd heard horror stories about that.  I've been doing theatre for 20 years and the idea that I may have trouble memorizing lines had me worried.  Turns out I might not can think of the name of the green veggie I had last night (broccoli LOL) but memorizing dialogue wasn't a problem at all.  Just like the hot flashes from tamoxifen were horrible at first, now it's just a little annoying. 

Yep, settling in on my beach towel and soaking up some healing rays.

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited February 2008

I'm just happy to have a place to post where I don't feel I need to be looking over my shoulder for the next slam.

ok, don't mind me.  going back to sleep on the beach.

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

Marsha .. Well now I knew that didn't I!  That makes it even more amazing where you are now!  I love your inspiring attitude and I'm so happy that your mind and body seem to be adjusting.  Knowing your memory is working for you when you really want it to must be such a relief!  Your sense of humor will serve you well girlfriend!   Congratulations on NED, I know that must have been a thrill to see on your charts.   Amy has just an incredible spirit herself and it's so nice to have both of you hanging out here.

(((Susan))) - don't forget to turn over

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Hello susan, nice to see you around here.  How is the job look going or have you decided you arent going to work?  Hmm maybe you are working and I am just behind which wouldnt surprise me one bit.

Marsha-I wanna see that on my chart one day too.

Amy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

enjoy the sunset ladies

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Well with a sunset like that it must mean it's cocktail hour on the beach.

• Unknown
    edited May 2008

Amy, use the direct link without the IMG tags.

• lv2cmp
    edited February 2008

Thanks Jaz I knew it when I hit enter that it was the wrong one.,,lol but too late then.

Amy

• [Deleted User]
    edited February 2008

Wow Ames, those drinks look perfect!  I'll have one after I get back from seeing Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana with Audrey and her friends.  I think I may Need one then!  See you all later!

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008

Hi!  I got my sunscreen and my towel.  Can I play too???

Marsha, congratulations!  It sounds like your play is doing very well!

Hi there Jas!  Long time no see, lol!

Welcome Jill.  Good to see you posting with us.

I'm at work, so not a lot of time here.  I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Jan

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2008

Amy, that picture looks like I could just reach in the screen and pick up one of those delicious drinks. My kind of beach. This is such an upbeat thread, everyone seems to talk straight and say what they mean, or else I just don't know you all very well. LOL This place feels safe and warm and I genuinely feel welcome here. I don't have to wonder what someone means when they address me. That's relaxing in itself.

Susan, I read on the other thread that you are from MO. too. That's very cool. Where are you from?

I swear I'm going to learn to post pictures and hope they're as good as the ones you guys post.

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited February 2008

Tag, you're it!    I feel like I'm playing a game called, "find your friends!"  But, hey I found you and what better place than on the beach!  Only problem I have is that I WILL NOT be wearing a bathing suit unless I dump some of this weight that I have gained back since fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Marsha.............congrats on your play and on the write up!

Gotta go see Jasmines song and video.......

Susan:  I didn't know you weren't working...............geesh girl, I just talked to you a couple hours ago!!

Husband is standing here..................he has a direct ESP link from here to the garage.  I swear, he only pops in here when I'm on the puter!!!!

I'm gonna go and find us a life guard...............BBL

Neesie 

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2008

Oh Neesie, silly girl.  Don't you know that on the cyber beach we are all perfect?  LOL!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited February 2008

OMG!  What a great new thread.   I do love the beach.  Now where are all the Cabanas?  Cant have a beach without cabanas!!

Good to see some very old friends here.

I have a wonderful blue drink with umbrellas and sending cheers!!! 

Nicki (aka chemosabi)

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited February 2008

Nicki,  nice to see you here.  I've never seen cabanas at any beach I've been to.  Of course there could have been -  but I may have been dreaming.

Enjoy your drink......... 

Liz